Honored Contributor

I'm not normally one to post links to videos.  This one popped up in my facebook feed and moved me to tears, happy tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smGQUH5ldTA

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Thank goodness total strangers stopped to help and the dog was so patient. Thanks for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

I'm not normally one to post links to videos.  This one popped up in my facebook feed and moved me to tears, happy tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smGQUH5ldTA

@Bird mama  Thank you so much for sharing this video!  It’s seeing acts of heroic kindness like this that make me believe there is still hope for this world.😂

Honored Contributor

I remember this from last year.  I don't say that to put a damper on the joy of the rescue, but that I'm glad it's still making the rounds and increasing the joy of seeing it again.  Such teamwork!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It looks like something crazy I would do, get down there to help the dog and then go, uh, now what?

Just when I think I'm at the point of writing off mankind because I can't understand why we treat each other horribly, I see something like this old video and I think - - yea as a species I guess we aren't totally lost yet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

It looks like something crazy I would do, get down there to help the dog and then go, uh, now what?

Just when I think I'm at the point of writing off mankind because I can't understand why we treat each other horribly, I see something like this old video and I think - - yea as a species I guess we aren't totally lost yet.

@Bird mama Yes, I feel the same way. I’m going to bookmark it, and play it when I’m having one of those days. The video is a reminder of what selfless love mankind is capable of.😊