Honored Contributor

Dog Food recall Alerts in the past week

There have been several dog food recall alerts in the past week or so.

I hope everyone who has a dog has signed up here to receive these alerts by email:  http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall-alerts/

This is the latest:  

On July 24, 2015, Nature's Variety of St. Louis, Missouri, announced it is recalling select lots of its Instinct Raw Frozen Diets Chicken Formula for dogs due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dog Food recall Alerts in the past week

Great post.

It's a shame there isn't a 'cat food advisor' service like that re: recalls (I Googled, but to no avail).

Especially since there are more cat guardians than dog ones in the U.S..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy

I know.  You'd think so, wouldn't you?  

I subscribe to a publication called Whole Dog Journal (no ads, lots of info on products, behavior, health, etc. concerning dogs).  I always wonder why there is no Whole Cat Journal.  

It couldn't be that hard to get help from a few prominent people in the feline field, maybe ask them to be on your board of directors, with the expectation that they would write an article from time to time.   Obviously, I'm oversimplifying, but still these things start somewhere.

I've seen Whole Dog Journal grow from just a few pages to maybe 30 or so.  That's a lot considering they have no advertisements.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I hope everyone who has a dog has signed up here to receive these alerts by email:  http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall-alerts/

This is the latest:  

On July 24, 2015, Nature's Variety of St. Louis, Missouri, announced it is recalling select lots of its Instinct Raw Frozen Diets Chicken Formula for dogs due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

Thank you for this. I check the site once in awhile but the alert is great.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

This is the latest:  

I bet bet this is related to the recall of chicken (people chicken) that I heard about today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to FDA pet food recalls - all species

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/default.htm

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  This is a great source.  You might consider starting a separate thread so more people will find it.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I've posted this a couple of times in the pet forum.  I found out about a bird seed recall using this. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

That's terrific!

Typically, I will say something like, "if you haven't already . . ." or "you probably already know (or do) this . . ." since most of the time, people already are aware or have taken action.

I should have known you'd be on top of something like this!  Post it again as often as you feel necessary.  I, for one, would not get tired of seeing it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the information.

I bookmaked the links for reference.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."