Honored Contributor
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website, I'm sending you this recall update report. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

Over the past 60 days, the FDA has announced 2 dog food recalls:

• Thogersen Family Farm recalled its raw frozen pet food due to contamination with Listeria bacteria (4/8/2019)
  • Hill's Pet Nutrition recalled multiple lots of Prescription Diet and Science Diet wet dog foods due toxic levels of vitamin D(3/20/2019)
For details, please visit our Dog Food Recall Alerts Center.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Hill's is supposed to be a high-grade pet food, but they've had too many recalls for my liking.  I only have cats, but they've even had recalls on that.  I would never buy this brand.

It's always good to have a heads up though for those who do.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Thanks so very much for the info.

Honored Contributor

Thank you.  I was hoping the recall wasn't for either Rachel Ray's food or that of The Pioneer Woman.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Hill's is supposed to be a high-grade pet food, but they've had too many recalls for my liking.  I only have cats, but they've even had recalls on that.  I would never buy this brand.

It's always good to have a heads up though for those who do.  Thank you!

Hill's was never a high-grade dog food, usually rated below average.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

this ios why i feed my dogs purina and i cookfor them plus they get leftovers

Honored Contributor

Hills is not good food,it surprises me what some call good food, i feed  acana, orijen, honest kitchen ,plus human food.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised Hill's Science isn't considered a good pet food.  It's stocked by vets and is used for special medical diets.  Why would vets recommend it?  I trust my vet completely and he's never steered me wrong - but I still wouldn't use Hill's!

And it's expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm surprised Hill's Science isn't considered a good pet food.  It's stocked by vets and is used for special medical diets.  Why would vets recommend it?  I trust my vet completely and he's never steered me wrong - but I still wouldn't use Hill's!

And it's expensive.

@Venezia   Food is the only thing I don't trust my Vet on.  They are fooled by the Science Diet and Royal Canin reps that sell them the prescription diets.  When I asked my Vet for a suggestion for a food for my cat she suggested Royal Canin.  I told her I didn't want a food that the first ingredient was chicken by-products.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack- Interestingly enough, when we got our Tonkinese kitten (about 13 years ago), the only food the breeder would give her cats was Royal Canin.  We fed our Tonk on it for several years.  She wouldn't eat anything but the dry food.

But I stopped buying anything but grain-free food for my cats and I make sure what I do buy has no meal by-products of any kind.  Same for the wet food I give them.

I don't think they should be eating so much grain or any suspect by-products!