Super Contributor

Dog Food Recall--Vital Essentials Raw Dog Food

[ Edited ]
I wanted to let everyone know about this recall in case someone feeds this food.  I get e-mail alerts on dog food recalls and got this one today

On July 7, 2015, Carnivore Meat Company of Green Bay, Wisconsin, announced it is voluntarily recalling two batches of its Vital Essentials raw frozen dog food due to possible contamination with Listeria bacteria

Listeria is not only dangerous to dogs, it can be deadly to small children, the elderly and those with autoimmune disorders. 

The affected products were distributed in 12 U.S. states.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link: 

Vital Essentials Raw Dog Food Recall 

Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Valued Contributor

Re: Dog Food Recall--Vital Essentials Raw Dog Food

Thank you very much for sharing this information.  I was not aware of the recall.  Have a great week.

Valued Contributor

Just want to give a little more info to anyone that feeds Vital Essentials, only their BEEF products are being recalled. Everything else is safe.

What’s Being Recalled?

The lots involved in this voluntary recall include:

• Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Patties
    UPC 33211 00809
    Lot # 10930
    Best by date 20160210
  • Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Nibblets
    UPC33211 00904
    Lot # 10719
    Best by date 12022015

The “Best By” date code and lot numbers are located on the back of each package.

No other product manufactured by the company is involved in this voluntary recall.

Where Was It Sold?

The affected product was distributed in the following states:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Illinois
  • New Mexico
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Vermont
  • Washington

Why Was It Recalled?

The U.S. Federal Food and Drug Administration tested product and alerted Carnivore Meat Company that the product tested positive for Listeria.

Listeria is a bacteria commonly found in soil and water and some animals.

What to Do?

If you are a consumer and have purchased a bag of the affected product are invited to call 920-370-6542 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 4 PM CT.

A representative will assist you in obtaining replacement or a full refund from your local retailer for your original purchase.

If your package has been opened, please dispose of the raw treats in a safe manner by securing it in a covered trash receptacle.

U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.

Honored Contributor

I've subscribed to the list for a couple of years now. 

I hope it's OK to post the info.  Go to dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall-alerts/

For good info about dog food in general, I HIGHLY recommend subscribing to Whole Dog Journal.  Their website is just the name with a .com  I have no connection with this publication except to say I've been a very happy subscriber since the late 90s.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.