Trusted Contributor

Dog Boot Recommendations Please

I have a little one (part Chihuahua and part Basenji) about 17 pounds and he LOVES to go for his walks regardless of the weather conditions. I always have him wearing his rain coat, his warm puffer coat, sweaters, etc. and he's ready to go.  Here in Illinois it gets pretty cold sometimes and he wants so bad to go, but he can sometimes, when there is a little snow on the ground, go only about 3 or 4 houses and then his feet get cold.  I pick him up, warm his feet with my warm hands and he goes again another 3-4 homes, and then I take him home.  There is no salt on the sidewalks, it's just too cold for his feet.

Any recommendations for dog boots that you've had good luck with.  Thank you!!

Super Contributor

Re: Dog Boot Recommendations Please

Check with the wonderful people at Dogquaility.  I have used their Grippers on my Golden who needed traction to help her get up as she aged. They have a variety of boots for different purposes.  I’m sure you will find the right cold weather boots for your doggie.

Respected Contributor

Chewy also has a varied selection.

Respected Contributor

I use Walkee Paws. These are like panty hose with rubber feet for dogs. I use them on my new 14 year old dog Jake. They're great. Good Luck.