Respected Contributor

Re: Dog Bathing Questions - I'm Going to Attempt It

people sampoo dries out the dogs skin. i get a bottle of dog shampoo from walmart its blue she smells great after her bath. we brush her out after maria blows dry her fur. the hair dryer we use on the dog we originally bought for our fawn colored rabbit. good luck. 

Regular Contributor

In my area there are several groomers that have vans that are mobile grooming salons. they come to your house, park in the driveway and groom your dog.  you don't have to go anywhere

Valued Contributor

@graciesmom1003wrote:

In my area there are several groomers that have vans that are mobile grooming salons. they come to your house, park in the driveway and groom your dog.  you don't have to go anywhere

In my area they charge WAY too much.  I take my dogs to Petsmart.

Honored Contributor

Yea!   Looks like a job well done!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sadie and Molly (beagles) love their baths in our deep laundry room sink. We call it spa day. What they don’t like is the ear cleaning, nail clipping.....

It just became less of a fight & we remained the “good guys” by taking them to PetSmart, PetCo, etc.

Of course, each week I do brush them before I vacuum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch

Next time, just borrow a Husky and let him deal with your Goldie.Woman Wink

Your sweet, chill, angel-faced boy, along with your energetic cute kitty, will be the highlights of your company's visit, I bet.  8)
Honored Contributor

@feline groovywrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Next time, just borrow a Husky and let him deal with your Goldie... Woman Wink

Your sweet, chill, angel-faced boy, along with your energetic cute kitty, will be highlights of your company's visit I bet.  8)

My boy is 85#, @feline groovy.  Two of them together would need a kiddie pool!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I skip it until she can go to the groomer. She goes every 6 weeks.  She is a nightmare to bathe at home.

First she refuses to go into the bathroom so I end up practically breaking my back trying to carry her or move her into the tub.  Then I get her in and she jumps out.  The bathroom ends up looking like the shower exploded because there is water everywhere.

She keeps jumping out and I keep shoving her back in the tub.  One time I slipped on the overly wet floor and smacked my jaw on the edge of the tub.  I thought I broke my jaw.  I finally got her washed, rinsed and towel dried off.  It was a summer day so I put her outside where she promptly rolled around in the yard!  That was it.

The first time I took her to the groomer, I was apologizing the entire time I was walking out the door.  I came back to get her only to be told she was the best dog they ever had there, was a total sweetheart and they would love to take her home.  The $30.00 is worth it to me.      

Respected Contributor

Good job!

if your husband wants to demonstrate how easy it is, be sure to share the video, ok?