Honored Contributor

Re: Does this bother you too...

@Venezia wrote:

I won't repeat what I said to my DH about this (and I did watch the video and read the story).  I was so glad they've already arrested her and named her.  They said they want to make it a very strong felony case of animal cruelty (seven counts).

Mind you, that's going to go up after they found all the animals at her home and the disgusting conditions.  Lock her up in a dumpster, in 90-plus temperatures and leave her there for a day so she can get the full experience.  Then let the law take care of her.

Thank God for the good Samaritan and the NAPA employee who contacted police and for the animal rescue employees.  The good people outweigh the few bad ones among us.

@Venezia  - Was anything mentioned about finding the poor Mama dog at this filthy home?  My heart goes out to the mom looking for her babies.  It would have been great if mom could have been united with the babies at the animal shelter.

Honored Contributor

I just can not read it, i would want to hurt that lady,if that is what she should be.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, of course it bothers so many of us.  Hard to keep up with everything here, but this subject came up before and so many of us expressed our thoughts.  

Honored Contributor

Yes @San Antonio Gal .  Any story like that bothers me a lot.  There is a post about it in Pet Lovers right now.  I read the post but not the article.  It bothers me every time I see the title of the post.  I am glad to see from your thread that they caught the woman who did this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I won't repeat what I said to my DH about this (and I did watch the video and read the story).  I was so glad they've already arrested her and named her.  They said they want to make it a very strong felony case of animal cruelty (seven counts).

Mind you, that's going to go up after they found all the animals at her home and the disgusting conditions.  Lock her up in a dumpster, in 90-plus temperatures and leave her there for a day so she can get the full experience.  Then let the law take care of her.

Thank God for the good Samaritan and the NAPA employee who contacted police and for the animal rescue employees.  The good people outweigh the few bad ones among us.

@Venezia  - Was anything mentioned about finding the poor Mama dog at this filthy home?  My heart goes out to the mom looking for her babies.  It would have been great if mom could have been united with the babies at the animal shelter.

@San Antonio Gal 

I posted an update on the other thread from an article saying that the Momma dog was among the 38 dogs confiscated from the filthy, dilapidated home and was happily reunited wth her babies!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oh @KingstonsMom that is so wonderful!!!  Thank you for taking the time to post on this thread about it!!!  We couldn't have asked for a happier ending with babies and mom reunited and other 38 dogs confiscated......so good to hear!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I wish there was a photo of them being reunited, it just brings tears to my eyes to think of the joy Momma and babies felt at that moment!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I could have written your post, in fact when I saw it was about the pups, I almost couldn't read it.  I have similar emotions regarding this, torn between not wanting to acknowledge such a reprehensible act and still being  so upset and angry with so little that I know about the story.  

I hope she's punished to the max and even more importantly, that her being caught discourages anyone else from committing any type of animal abuse.

Thanks for posting about this....

Trusted Contributor

I maintain a positive view that for every evil psycho like that woman that does harm to puppies or any animals, there are truly thousands of people who open their homes as adopters or fosters to old, or disabled, or terrified or even happy animals who need stability, love and support every day. 

I easily stop thinking about these horrible stories after they are broadcast because I remind myself how many animals are getting basic protective care in shelters while waiting for forever homes. I know how kind and generous people are giving money or goods to help with animal care for creatures they never meet or play with. And I console my worry by acknowledging how many people step up to their responsibilities every day to do what is necessary if there is a pet in their lives. 

Don’t dwell on the thoughts of cruelty and bad intentions. Then those people own you. Focus on what is good and pure and unending in the course of humane treatment and let yourself accept that it is all around us daily. .

Good always prevails. 

Honored Contributor

I think this would bother just about anyone (except those who would do such a thing).  Abuse goes on every day. It's becoming rampant. We  as a people are not supporting all forms of life as we used to or even fighting for it.  There is a price to pay for that.  Hopefully some brave citizen will come forward and identify that woman.  Anyone who sees an animal abuse should realize....this is a living thing and report it.   There has to be consequences to abuse.  That mother dog should be taken away from these people.  I pray someone will identify this woman.  At the least issue a very steep fine for abuse of living beings and she should still have the mother  taken away and never be allowed to own another one.  

As far as the video goes....you did see a small bag being thrown into the trash but you never saw the puppies in distress.  When you do see the puppie they look well-fed by mama, and happy on a nice towel in a big clean box so you never see them suffering.  With that said, I can't watch a whole show showing the suffering dogs like they have on TV. It is very upsetting.  I have reported people a time or two and they have had their dog taken away.