Honored Contributor

I've watched them in dog shows and the seem to be personality plus.  I didn't know you could buy them here.  How did you find it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a GBGV

[ Edited ]

@CajunGirl

The best advice before adopting a dog is to learn as much as you can about them.   I'm sure you know that already.

One good source is "Whole Dog Journal."  I've subscribed for about 15 years.  It covers everything from rating dog food (including its sources), to dog training, dog behavior, dog accessories (leads, carriers, food dishes, etc.), and so much more.

Also, there are usually national dog breed associations that have an email list you can subscribe to.  I would recommend joining a list like that.  I did that six months before I even went to look for the Papillon that was my first dog 15 years ago.

Enjoy your new friend.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@CajunGirl, so happy for you anticipating a new love in your life. I've seen them on the Westminster shows, but was curious what the puppy stage was. For those interested, here is cuteness personified:

image.jpg

Awwwwwww . . .

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Contributor

Homegirl, I just ordered Whole Dog Journal magazine and book. It seems to be something I will really enjoy. I have been a dog owner all my life, but you can always teach an old dog a new trick. Thanks for letting me know about this because I had never heard of this magazine.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@CajunGirl, so happy for you anticipating a new love in your life. I've seen them on the Westminster shows, but was curious what the puppy stage was. For those interested, here is cuteness personified:

image.jpg

Awwwwwww . . .

dear God; almost painfully adorable...  Heart

Here's a PBGV (Petite Basset Griffon Vendeen) puppy, a breed that I first saw many years watching Westminster:

8bce25ededd1e7809a77b844234b5335.jpg (236×271)

Smiley Happy

Contributor

feline groovy, with the pictures you posted and others who posted pictures, you can see why I fell in love with them. Too cute for words. I can't wait to get my Beauregard. Beau for nickname. Unless anyone here can come up with a better french name. My brother named his Clouseau(pink panther). I love that name.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a GBGV

[ Edited ]

@CajunGirl wrote:

feline groovy, with the pictures you posted and others who posted pictures, you can see why I fell in love with them. Too cute for words. I can't wait to get my Beauregard. Beau for nickname. Unless anyone here can come up with a better french name. My brother named his Clouseau(pink panther). I love that name.

I love your nephew dog's name as well, CG.  8) 

Hope you're able to post photos of "Beau"/'other' once he's here.

Hey, "Clouseau" and "Beau" rhyme, LOL.

Speaking of rhyming, there's also "Marceau", like in Marcel Marceau, the famous French mime.