Respected Contributor

Re: Does Your Pet Have A Nickname?

Our cat Keiko has many nicknames.  Some are related to her name- Keik-a-roo-rah, Keikosaurus.  Some are not- Mrs. Furbinowitz, Mrs. Magoo and some are just bizzare- boobala

Esteemed Contributor

Great nicknames ladies.  I forgot that when Tess gets a really snarly look on her face she is Witchy Poo (said jokingly).

Litte P if out of heat and we are able to get some sleep.  Wow, that was a long few nights.  A lot of noise from a small kitty. She gets fixed in a few weeks. Yeah.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our bengal, Rocko, had a zillion names.  Actually, DH said Rocko was his middle name...as in Darnit Rocko, Stop it Rocko and No, Rocko.  Also The Rockman, Rockmeister, Baby cat, Silly boy.

Millie was so perfect she was only adressed by her full name, Millwood Millie of San Souci, and sometimes "Truck" because she was so powerfully built, we joked one could hitch her up to a car in a snowbank and she could pull it out!

Denise
Respected Contributor

Two Basset Hounds:  Bonnie and Cassedy.  We call Bonnie, Bon Bon and littel Piggie,  and Cassedy is Cassie, Cass, Casserole or little Cactus!

Honored Contributor

Molly, our beagle, answers to Molly Moo, Poopsie Doo, Poopsie, Poo or just Moo. Of course, sometimes, she doesn't answer at all...to any name. Lol

Honored Contributor

Not really a traditional nickname but I often call her doll faced beauty. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

My friend of Greek heritage told me that my last beagle, Penelope, had a Greek name. She told me the correct pronunciation, PeneLOpay, which I passed along to my granddaughter, then about 2 1/2. She couldn't pronounce all the syllables so all she could come up with was Wopie. That's what we started calling our dogs. They have their proper names but Wopie is the nickname. 

My beagle Maddie is Maddie-Wopie. We also call her Missy, because she's such a sweet girl. We often refer to Maddie as Her Royal Highness because she is the queen of our castle. Occasionally she's Little Bits, Bits of Love, or Piglet, because of her appetite. 

@Vivian   Aren't beagles something else? I've had them all my life...since I was a toddler. Dad had one he hunted with when I was born. He was a little frisky to be around kids, so we found a friend who had a huge farm in the country to take Tippy. It didn't take 3 months and Dad came home with a beagle puppy for me. We named him "Tippy 2" since that's what I called him anyway. Each one I've had until Molly now has had the sweetest disposition and so lovable. When trained, they're gentle with children and obedient. I've seen plenty of beagles that are not disciplined. Some are difficult to work with and owners just give up. Not a great idea. Sadie, who passed in March, and Molly are from a nearby breeder who shows beagles. I purchased the last 4 beagles from him. They have the wild, hunting, howling bred out of them for the show ring and are very easy going. 

Love your Maddie. Beagles are very special to my heart. 

Honored Contributor

Our welcome mat at the front door says, "IF OUR BEAGLE DOESN'T LIKE YOU, WE PROBABLY WON'T EITHER". 

Honored Contributor

We have a 5 year old cairn terrier named Alfie.  We also call him Alfie Pooh (we love Pooh Bear in this house).  I love to greet him in the morning with Alfie Pooh and tell him what a handsome and special dog he is.  As soon as he hears that his tail starts wagging and he heads for the door.  It's like clock work every day.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~