Esteemed Contributor

Does Your Pet Have A Favorite Treat?

DD bought Fancy Feast Savory Cravings for Petunia and Tess.  We got the Salmon flavor. It actually looks like a chocolate bar with segments. You break off 2 small segments.

Tess is meh on them. Petunia is crazy for them. I keep them in the drawer in the end table. The second she hears the drawer open she flies in the room. As I'm trying to break off a piece she is on her hind legs rubbing her head on my hand and the package, then she turns her butt to me, arches her back and her tail actually shivers, then back rubbing.

She gets so excited over  these treats.  She is funny to watch.

Do your pets love a specific treat?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Your Pet Have A Favorite Treat?

Our basset hound loved broccoli.

She'd stand at the refrigerator door. She'd  look at us & look back at the door until we got up to give her some.

She also like carrots but not as much as broccoli.

Respected Contributor

My dog's favorite treats are leftover steak tidbits, carrots, and "broccoli bones". 

I take the stalky end of the broccoli, peel it with a vegetable peeler to make the surface uniform.  My dog just loves knawing on them as if they were real animal bones. (I used to give him real animal bones, but they caused him gastric issues, due to his food allergies, perhaps.)  

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at Fri, Feb 5, 2021-3.06.04 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Yes, and I discovered it as a last resort.

My 10-lb morkie has always had a sensitive digestive system.  Now that she's nearly 9 years old, she rejects most dog foods and treats.  They either cramp her up very badly, or they run right through her. 

I found a dog treat recipe from Meredith Laurence, the Blue Jean Chef.

Only 5 ingredients: organic peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, oats, flour and baking soda.

Mix until it's a crumbly dough, and form into several quarter sized balls (I actually do some in little dog bone shapes Smiley Happy).  Airfry them for 7 minutes -- the best treat she has ever reacted to and wonderfully digested!  

Esteemed Contributor

My baby loves Greenies .... she goes crazy when she knows she is getting one after dinner ...😋

Respected Contributor

Cat...whipped cream.

Super Contributor

My two cat girls love most any treat, but we recently ordered some bonito flakes and they a re a big hit!  I actually trained my girls to know what "cookies" means, and if I say it, they are at attention and will come looking for whatever snack I have to present them!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My old Siamese cat, Roscoe, loved bacon. The minute it would start frying he would start to bite at my ankles, over and over. Loved him but it was annoying.

Always gave him some when it was done and cooled. When he passed away at 17+ I wished I'd fried up a pound just for him.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Green olives and Parmesan Cheese, together or separately.

I raised Poly from a couple days old, and she thinks she's my human daughter, so if I liKE it, she likes it! LOL