Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Your Dog Like Their Own Bed?

If you're looking for a new doggie bed, imho LLBEAN has the very best! It's huge, about 3.5'x4'shaped like a couch sort of.  I can vouch on the comfort and support 'cause when my precious Jade was battling cancer and no longer able to get into our bed, we slept together on it. 

Eddy now has that bed, right next to mine.  Eddy oftentimes chooses to get into my bed with a boost from me.  After some snuggling and an extended massage, he'll jump onto his bed,  He then gets some water (have to keep ice water in a porcelean bowl in our bedroom) then walks over to his bed.  I get up and ask if he wants a boost into our bed, but he just stares at his bed until I put a silky blankie on his bed. Then he gets onto it, snuggles up to his pillow awaiting for me to snuggle him in another silky blankie.

At times we do sleep together all thru the nite.  But the Bean bed is my competion!

I must admit, once in awhile I get into his bed - especially in the early mornings - grab a blankie he has kicked off and snuggle next to him before starting my day!

P.S.  Eddy is an Amstaff/Cocker and around 70lbs. too! 

Esteemed Contributor

Eddie sounds really sweet, @eddyandme.  I will check out the bean!  I'm appreciative of the Staffordshire terrier moniker.

Funny, we used to have a bean bag chair.  One of our old hounds suffered anxiety at night and DH would lay with her in the bean bag chair all night long.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Scorpio1971 Thank you so much. I’m sure she would’ve loved your Napoleon. She loves playing with the neighbors dog Bella. I think it’s so cute when the children come and ask if Khloe can come and play. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Eddie sounds really sweet, @eddyandme.  I will check out the bean!  I'm appreciative of the Staffordshire terrier moniker.

Funny, we used to have a bean bag chair.  One of our old hounds suffered anxiety at night and DH would lay with her in the bean bag chair all night long.

Your DH sounds like a wonderful man!  Amazing how we all cater to our furbabies!

Though expensive, those beds at Bean's sell out frequently.  Just keep trying!

Esteemed Contributor

@ScenicMaine Thank you so much. This is Khloe’s Day bed, her night bed is in my bedroom, a crate mattress under my bed. Her favorite place to sleep. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Scorpio1971, Your baby is so cute. He really loved his new bed. 

Valued Contributor

@graciesmom1003

Charlotte is so cute!  You are a very special Mom to make an entire play area for her every day!  She must really love & enjoy it! 

Valued Contributor

@ScenicMaine

Thank you.  He was a Silky Terrier.  This is a better picture of him.  Yes he is at the bridge with a previous dog I had...a huge Newfoundland/Black Lab mix.  I know he was met there because an aquaintence of someone I know, who is very spiritual & psychic, was talking to me about a month after he passed and told me I had just lost my dog and his transition was very easy and that he was met by a big black dog.  She knew nothing about me having a big black dog 30 years ago, and the person I know was with me hearing this and she was shocked because I had never told her about that dog.

20170224_150938.jpg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak

Thank you.  Yes he did love that bed!  I had just put it down on the floor in that picture and was going to get scissors to cut off the tag.  But before I could even turn around to get scissors the 'inspector' climbed into it, plunked himself down, and that was it!  LOL!  My neighbors little daughter would come over to play with him in the yard because her dog did not like to play!  Much like your Khloe!  ❤

Trusted Contributor

@Scorpio1971

What a very handsome pooch.  It's so hard getting over the loss of our pets.  Knowing about the bridge only a few years ago, I think it brings much comfort to us all.  

There's something to be said about some psychics.  My husband's foster sister has been known to have experience with it also & has predicted or stated things that have happened that she had no idea of.

Prayers & best wishes to all of our pets at the bridge.  May they all play happily together.  Heart