Esteemed Contributor

Do your pets ever get noisy in the middle of the night?

[ Edited ]

My kitty declared war on a paper clip last night.  Before bed I looked at some papers and left them on the floor next to my bed.  On top of them was a one-inch binder clip.  I went to sleep, and the next thing I knew that clip was being pushed across the hardwood floor under the bed and around the bed.  Then I heard a plinking noise.  She had chased it to the bathroom, put her paw through the hole, and figured out how to pick it up and drop it.  

I'm laughing now, but at 4:00 a.m. it wasn't that funny!  😻

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do your pets ever get noisy in the middle of the night?

Kitties are great, aren't they? I think that's a sign of their creativity and high intelligence... That they recognized the binder clip as a potential toy! My 5 cats tend to keep the same sleeping hours as me, however. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a basset hound.

She had her "spring cleaning" today. A aloe/tea tree bath, nails cut & buffed at PetCo (ears cleaned last night by DH). 

So for the next 24 hours she moans and cries and looks at us.  She wants & expects "poor baby" along with cookies, broccoli & carrots.

Honored Contributor

We live in the woods and have 5 dogs. They smell all the critters moving around and make a bunch of noise. Last night we were up for about an hour (2AM) trying to calm them down.

Valued Contributor

Our kitty Sami has to sleep in the laundry room at night because she will wake us up in the night to do this or that usually about 1-2 hours before the alarm goes off!
Frequent Contributor

When I read that someone had their cat sleep in the laundry room, I had to respond. I thought I was the only one who did that. My cat is now 16 years old and very healthy, thank goodness. But when she was a kitten, she would wake us up in the middle of the night, meowing, and playing with the toilet paper roller. She drove us nutso. So we decided to keep her in the laundry room, with a very comfy bed, and food and water, and a night light. She actually likes it. When its time for bed, she knows, and comes running. Goofy cat. Ha ha. Love her!

Honored Contributor

All I can tell you is that you do not want to walk past a sleeping pigeon on the way to the bathroom (lol).  A pigeon who's sleep has been disturbed does not coo like you see in Disney cartoons.  Grayson will give a startled noise and then comes the moaning and wailing.

Gahhhhhh

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Lindaj46

We have the same set up for Sami LOL! 

Honored Contributor

Kitty and I are both nocturnal........I watch TV, clean house, do laundry, etc.........she explores, hunts, plays, and stuffs herself with food

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

My beagle Maddie sleeps in a large cage next to our bed. I made a big mistake about a year ago when, on the way to the bathroom, I gave her a treat. Now, every time I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, Maddie wakes up and paces back and forth in her cage until I give her a treat. She has trained me well.