Esteemed Contributor

One of mine is just like that @SeaMaiden. She will not get off the deck, unless I am out with her. I think they just like to be with us.

Honored Contributor

It's 100° outside today.  My dogs are both curled up on the patch of ceramic tile inside of the front door.  They'll go out after dinner when it cools off a bit.  They run and play went I let them out at 7am.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My lab is a big 89  pound baby!!  He'll go out and do his business, then wants right back in with his mommy! 

I was telling my husband the other day that when I was a kid, our dogs spent so much time outside, and we didn't have to be out there all the time with them.  I remember our dog laying under a shady tree, chewing her bone or napping.  One day my husband said that our dog seemed "bored" with us...he wants to go out but only if we go out and play with him.  He suggested maybe we get another dog so they could go out and play together...I laughed.  My luck, we'd have TWO spoiled brats who wouldn't play with EACH OTHER  but would want us to entertain the TWO of them!  

Esteemed Contributor

Our Darcy lived in many shelters before she came to us and she hates to be outside.  She goes out for a few minutes and then starts pawing at the door.  We think she was probably left out quite a few times in her other homes.

On the other hand, our foster failure Happy has always lived in apartments, so she loves having a large fenced yard.  We have code words to get her to come inside.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

My dog likes his yard time; to bark at & chase any ferrel cats off the property, roll around & wiggle on his back in the grass, & soak up the sun for awhile, even tho it's a zillion degrees here. 

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

My lab is a big 89  pound baby!!  He'll go out and do his business, then wants right back in with his mommy! 

I was telling my husband the other day that when I was a kid, our dogs spent so much time outside, and we didn't have to be out there all the time with them.  I remember our dog laying under a shady tree, chewing her bone or napping.  One day my husband said that our dog seemed "bored" with us...he wants to go out but only if we go out and play with him.  He suggested maybe we get another dog so they could go out and play together...I laughed.  My luck, we'd have TWO spoiled brats who wouldn't play with EACH OTHER  but would want us to entertain the TWO of them!  

@lOVETOSHOP Yup! That is the truth!😅

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze What kind of dog weighs that much..I guess you don't have to worry about breakins.I wouldn't want to be the cleanup crew for that dog poo but a least it wouldn't need to be searched for.

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

My dog likes his yard time; to bark at & chase any ferrel cats off the property, roll around & wiggle on his back in the grass, & soak up the sun for awhile, even tho it's a zillion degrees here. 

Yes I love this! My one boy right now loves to do this. He is old now and can't always roll from side to side like he used to but he can still do some serious side rolling, lol. My other dogs weren't big on rolling around on the grass but they sure did love lying in it in cool or hot weather. 

Valued Contributor

Our furbaby Zach, is the same way. If were in, he's in. If we are  out he will stay out, but, he would prefer to be in the house. Sometimes if we re working in the yard, and he's in the house. He will come and look at us, like don't you want to come in . Too funny. Thats my boy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Khloe and Oreo love to play in the yard but Shad-O loves the AC, she is a take care of business and back at the door to get back in