Esteemed Contributor

Do you have "conversations" with your pets?

I do.  Sometimes I know exactly what they would say by the look I get. Petunia and I had a serious chat yesterday when she came in the bathroom.

I just wanted a minute to pee (sorry, TMI). She came in and sat at my feet,  cocking her little head from side to side.

Me:  Really, do you have to be in here?

P:  Yes, you left me alone.  I thought you might need help. I helped you sweep the floor, remember.

Me:  Yeah, you were a help alright. I got this you can leave.  I don't watch you use the litterbox.

P:  You can if you want to.  I always want to know what you're doing.

When she got on her back legs like a Meerekat that was too much so I tossed an empty toilet paper roll out the door.  Problem solved.

I really need to make sure that door is shut tight even though I am the only one home.

It's like my kids, no one wanted/needed me until I went in the bathroom.

Life has not been dull since our little "helper" came.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have "conversations" with your pets?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I've always talked to my cats and I KNOW they "get it"!! Animals are smarter than they are given credit for! All my cats learned their names with 2 days learned "Greenies' (cat crunchy treats) almost as fast!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Petunia more with every story.  I don't have conversations with Frankie and Henry, but I do talk to them a lot.  Every morning I ask Frankie if she wants to go outside and then eat some breakfast.  She knows exactly what I'm saying.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I am having one right now with Maui!  I talk to my constantly.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I swear the look on her face was exactly what I typed.  She understands No.  Doesn't like it but gets it.  Also, time for bed.  She goes to the stairs and waits for DD to go up.

Trusted Contributor

All the darned time.

Respected Contributor

Each night when I come home from work I ask my cat about her day.

Trusted Contributor

Wait until she sees you in the shower!  You will feel like she is judging you as you stand naked and prefering not to be watched.  She will be horrified that you are being drenched by water (most cats HATE water on them - love to play with it coming out of the faucet, as long as they don't get a drop on them).  She will watch in horror as you are trapped in a glass box being drenched with an unending stream of water.  I'll be anxious to know how that conversation goes.  Ha!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Occasional Contributor

Your stories that you have shared since Petunia came into your life have brought a smile to my face , having had three cats in my life I can appreciate all these "scenarios ".  It would be great if we all could see a picture of Petunia before she gets too big and grown up.  Thanks 

Respected Contributor

OH YES!!!  CONSTANTLY!!!  Anyone looking in would be calling the Rubber Room People to come and get me for having conversations with the Dog. Smiley Very HappySmiley EmbarassedSmiley LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey