Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have "conversations" with your pets?

@denisemb    I don't trust people who don't like animals, period.

Frequent Contributor

I talk to my wonderful rescue dog all the time.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I had a talk with my dog this afternoon. I had an appointment for my car to go to the dealer because of a recall.

As I was leaving, the dog followed me. He thought he was welcome to go with me. I explained that since the last 3 times, that I tried, he refused to get into my car. So he was not invited to go with me this trip. I swear he understood. He just stopped and gave me sad eyes.

Good thing he didn't go, the dealer said, "It will only take an hour". It was almost 3 hours. 

No problem to walk him for an hour, there are nice trails,  but not 3 hours.

PS - he follows me into the bathroom frequently. Sometimes he opens the door to come in.

Honored Contributor

All the time!🙂❤️

Respected Contributor

Retired Legal Secretary, this is a rhetorical question, correct? Smiley Happy

There is no one with whom I would rather speak with than my beloved fur daughter. She listens with interest, head cocked and eyes always shine approvingly. She understands, supports and never judges. The perfect conversationalist.

Loved your post. Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  I do it so much that one time my son asked, "What did he say?" after I asked our dog a question. 😁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know that I shouldn't brag about my granddog, but we "talk" all the time.  He knows over 100 words and even more phrases (including the names of all his toys)!  I try to plan our talks for our weekly visits!

He loves to dance--especially with employees at my son's workplace!

Dancin.JPG

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  My boy kitty Sylvester and I kick it all the time with conversations ranging from "quit chasing little Whitey cat" to "you are such a mommy's boy to me" !!!!  My husband tells me I am the female Dr. Doolittle of our horses, chickens, my pond fish and of course my three kitties !!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL Of course--with the cat AND dog.

And every once in a while, it's time for me have the "Listen, buster..." conversation during which the dog yawns, and the cat eventually walks away-- which immensely amuses DH.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I talked to my pets all the time but I stopped short of imaging their response to me.  I'd worry about myself if I went that far.  I had my niece's mini dachsund here for a week when she was on vacation.  She stays with us when my niece goes away for weekends too.  She's a little sweetie but she sticks to me like glue.  I'm always afraid that I'm going to step on her when I get up and once or twice, I almost fell over her because she'll be right behind me when I'm cooking or at the sink.  So, I have many conversations with her when she's here but I haven't yet imagined her part of them.