Trusted Contributor

Do you buy pet supplies/toys, etc off the web?

Last year 60.28 billion dollars was spent in the US on pets. I am curious if people buy a lot off the web. Do you buy stuff for your pets off the web or at stores?
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy pet supplies/toys, etc off the web?

Every six months, I order our flea & tick protection and heartworm preventative from1-800-PetMeds.
I'm on an auto-ship plan on Amazon for Greenies and I also order our dog's probiotic from Amazon.
I haven't really ordered many toys for him online, that I can remember, but I do have something in my eBay cart that I'm thinking about for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

When i was a cat parent - for sure.

Mostly from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NativeJax@JeanLouiseFinchIn addition to 1800PetMeds, also check out PetMartPharmacy.com.  For the products that I use, the prices are a little less.  Amazon has great prices on supplements like glucosamine.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@NativeJax@JeanLouiseFinchIn addition to 1800PetMeds, also check out PetMartPharmacy.com.  For the products that I use, the prices are a little less.  Amazon has great prices on supplements like glucosamine.

I forgot to mention Vitacost.  I get our dog's Glucosamine & Chondroitin supplement there.  I'll do some comparison research on the other sites though. Thanks, @Linmo
Oh, and it just dawned on my that I recently ordered wild caught salmon oil for him from Costco.  

Honored Contributor

Before last year, it never occurred to me to buy pet food line.  I had cancer last year and couldn't go out shopping.  Once I started googling around, I found it was either the same price or cheaper to order online.  Prices constantly change, so I was all over the place.  Amazon, jet, chewy, fleetfarm.  I continued until my cat passed earlier this year.

Honored Contributor

Yes. We get our heartworm protection meds from either Drs. Foster and Smith or KV vet supply, whichever is cheaper at the time as we get 1 years supply at once (they are cheaper than 1-800-petmeds!). I get all my other supplements, treats and supplies from Amazon, Drs. Foster and Smith, jet.com for the most part. Occasionally elsewhere but those are my main (and cheapest) go-tos.

The only thing I get at my vets now is their exams and treatments and my one's Chinese herbs only because I can't find it online, lol. Even my Rx I use GoodRx and find out where the cheapest Rx is. Usually Fred Meyers or Target tend to have the lowest prices.

We've saved ALOT of money this way as most of the stuff is really expensive because of the size of our dogs.

Valued Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Last year 60.28 billion dollars was spent in the US on pets. I am curious if people buy a lot off the web. Do you buy stuff for your pets off the web or at stores?

Yes.I buy online and in stores.Online often has more variety and better values. Re: litter and cat food, I sometimes do in store pick up with some items.

Honored Contributor

I buy all my dog food,  usually 2 big 30lb bags a month off the Internet and have it delivered to my front door free.   I also buy collars,  leashes,  brushes,  a nail clipper,  just about everything else from Amazon.   I'm a big Internet shopper. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I do buy a lot online for my dog and ferret.  I can't find good quality ferret food in stores so I need to order it. I buy training treats and lots of toys online for both - mostly Amazon.  I love In the Company of Dogs and buy there also.  My dog started getting a Bark Box every month also.