Honored Contributor

Do any of you give your pets any probiotics?

If you do, or have any info to share on probiotics for your pets, please share.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do any of you give your pets any probiotics?

The only thing my cat receives are her annual shots.  Distemper and Rabbies.  Is your pet on antibiotics?  I would definitely ask the vet about giving your pet the probiotics.   Maybe someone else will be able to give you info on the subject.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Yes I do--I give my 12 year old Jack Russell terrier mix a probiotic called Forti-Flora--she gets one packet per day (1/2 packet per meal)--it has really helped her digestive issues! Her vet recommended it to us after she had a bout of Clostridium enteritis (don't know where she picked thast up from, but you know dogs--she could've licked anything while being walked).It keeps her bowels regular and hardly ever does she get diarrhea. She also gets one Pepcid a day for her reflux issues. I do recommend the Florti-Flora for dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

It can also help with your pets immune system. Which can help fight off cancer and other diseases. Chloe was on some for awhile when she was s pup because we were trying to solve a poop eating issue.
Trusted Contributor

I have given Forti-Flora to both a dog and cat. Good results. Vet recommended.

Esteemed Contributor

Have used Forti-flora and recently started alternating with raw goats milk.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom wrote:

Yes I do--I give my 12 year old Jack Russell terrier mix a probiotic called Forti-Flora--she gets one packet per day (1/2 packet per meal)--it has really helped her digestive issues! Her vet recommended it to us after she had a bout of Clostridium enteritis (don't know where she picked thast up from, but you know dogs--she could've licked anything while being walked).It keeps her bowels regular and hardly ever does she get diarrhea. She also gets one Pepcid a day for her reflux issues. I do recommend the Florti-Flora for dogs.

Thank you so much. I know the name Purina!! and this just goes straight to for puppies if they have a problem with soft stools. So thank you very much!!!

Contributor

i have a 13 year old maine coon cat that has digestive and other elimination issues so he get FORTI-FLORA 1 packet a day plus 1/4 tsp twice a day of MIRA-LAX. both are powder form and mixed with wet food. both products are working and i order from amazon or chewy.com the FORTFLORA as they are cheaper than the vets price.

Respected Contributor

WE use Forti-Flora for our Dottie, a German Shepard mix.  She has had several severe bouts of diarrhea and vomiting over her 2 yr life.  She is also on a special food that can only be purchased with a vet rx.  The Probiotic was not recommended by our vet, but she agrees that it helps with Dottie's issues

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Synacore, is what we were given for our little one. I guess no one's vet besides ours recommended this brand. ??? So that's ok, but I've read these to my husband and he wondered about the Synacore.  If not, no problem.