Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Want To Help Name My Puppy?

Since she is a Cavalier 'King' Charles then why not a name befitting a royal?  I think her name should be "Princess"!

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Claire  

Willow

She's adorable!   Assuming she will be AKC registered, you will need two names!

Why do you need two names?  I have named four Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and they are all registered with the AKC.  They don't have two names.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

My veterinarian told me that pets respond favorably to sounds like issy, missy, prissy, sissy, so why not Rosie.  That is similar and her color is Ruby and I am a ruby birthstone and it is rosie colored.  

That's very interesting @Nonametoday .  I wonder why that is?

Frequent Contributor

Coco

Honored Contributor

Bristol

Respected Contributor

Wow, there are a lot of good suggestions.  I'm writing them down and showing my family.  As I mentioned we don't get her until the end of March (breeder keeps for 10 weeks) but I'll make sure I follow up with what we decide.

Thanks all.

Super Contributor

I like Mia or Ginger.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

My veterinarian told me that pets respond favorably to sounds like issy, missy, prissy, sissy, so why not Rosie.  That is similar and her color is Ruby and I am a ruby birthstone and it is rosie colored.  

That's very interesting @Nonametoday .  I wonder why that is?

@Winkk  

I don't know but I named my kitty Missy and it likes that name.  We had not named her as we did not know her sex when we found her (a rescue) and took her in.  He said they like the "isie" and "issy" sound.  Maybe reminds them of their mother's sounds.

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

This little cutie is 2 weeks old and by the end of March she will be ours.  She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  Her color is called Ruby.  I want to give her a cute name (if possible not ending in an "e" sound, like Ruby, Abby).  Any suggestions?

FB_IMG_1611416292813_resized.jpg

@Winkk ...I named my little pup Angel....but I do like Amber.....especially with her coloring.  Beautiful little puppy.    

Respected Contributor

What a Cutiepie!  Amber is a lovely name.  You'll know when you meet her. 

How about Clara ( British accent  Cl ah ra ) or Poppet? I've always liked the name Lady.

Bet you can't hardly wait to get her home!