Honored Contributor

Re: Didn't Know it Would Be so Hard to Say Goodbye!

[ Edited ]

@GAQShopr53 

My heart and my deepst condolences

go out to you on on the loss ofyour

beloved Gismo.

Just like so many others who already

posted here I can also relate from many

past experiences to the heartache and

the pain that you're dealing with right now.

Please find comfort in the fact that

Gismo always knew how much you loved

him,that he was surrounded by that

same love when you sent him to The

Bridge in peace and with dignity,and

that he's now running like a puppy with

all of his new friends thru the sunlit

meadows that most blessed place on

the other side of The Bridge.

I'm going to light a special memorial

candle for your precious boy on the

pet loss dot com site.

(((((GAQSHOPR53 & GISMO)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@GAQShopr53 

My heart and my deepst condolences

go out to you on on the loss ofyour

beloved Gismo.

Just like so many others who already

posted here I can also relate from many

past experiences to the heartache and

the pain that you're dealing with right now.

Please find comfort in the fact that

Gismo always knew how much you loved

him,that he was surrounded by that

same love when you sent him to The

Bridge in peace and with dignity,and

that he's now running like a puppy with

all of his new friends thru the sunlit

meadows that most blessed place on

the other side of The Bridge.

I'm going to light a special memorial

candle for your precious boy on the

pet loss dot com site.

(((((GAQSHOPR53 & GISMO)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Thanks you so much @beastielove Heart

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 

You have my sympathy.  It’s such a hard thing to lose a pet.  Rest in the fact that you gave him a great life.  Fourteen is a long life for s dog.     

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know what you are going through, I just had to let my Jasmine go on February 21, less than 2 weeks ago.  It is so painful to say goodbye, even when you know you are doing what is best for them, you always question your decision.  I know we did the right thing with her but at times find myself questioning myself, was there more we could have done?  I try not to beat myself up, I just msis her so much.  Again, I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53  I am so sorry.  I know how devastating the loss can be and my thoughts are with you.  Our pets are family and we love them, but we also find so many people who also love our pets.  When my beautiful Darcy passed, and I am not over that and it has been more than a year, I received so many presents from people who adored her.  They still talk about how special she was.

Time does not necessarily heal our hearts, but time makes the loss more bearable.  My sincerest condolences.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your

precious dog.... (((Hugs to you & your family)))

Related image

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful life your baby had with your loving family.

Respected Contributor

@rustysmom wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know what you are going through, I just had to let my Jasmine go on February 21, less than 2 weeks ago.  It is so painful to say goodbye, even when you know you are doing what is best for them, you always question your decision.  I know we did the right thing with her but at times find myself questioning myself, was there more we could have done?  I try not to beat myself up, I just miss her so much.  Again, I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Hugs.

Thank you for your kind words and my heart goes out to you on the loss of your Jasmine. I think the questioning part is the worst. For a couple of days I just kept wondering if I could have done more than I did? or did I wait too long to get the right treatment? and then I realized he was aging and I made the right decision. Thank goodness the pain starts to lessen as each day goes by.Heart

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@GAQShopr53  I am so sorry.  I know how devastating the loss can be and my thoughts are with you.  Our pets are family and we love them, but we also find so many people who also love our pets.  When my beautiful Darcy passed, and I am not over that and it has been more than a year, I received so many presents from people who adored her.  They still talk about how special she was.

Time does not necessarily heal our hearts, but time makes the loss more bearable.  My sincerest condolences.

Yes @SXMGirl  our pets are like family. My condolences you you on the passing of DarcyHeart My son said I spoiled Gismo more than him LOL. I just believe if you accept the responsibility of having a pet you need to be able to do everything within your power to love and properly take care of them. 

Regular Contributor

so very sorry for the loss of your family member. making the decision to end their suffering is just heart wrenching.  they are so important in our lives and we love them as a family member. be good to yourself and cry when you feel the need.  it is our safety valve. look for signs of Gismo in the house. i believe they don't go right away. understanding your pain and suffering. it does get less.

you were so courageous to put him first.