Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the dog in the Bahamas?

[ Edited ]

A heat seeking drone found a dog buried under debris for 30! days in the Bahamas after the hurricane.  The poor sweetheart was skin and bones he couldn't walk. They fed him some food and he wagged his tail.  That wagging tail brought me to tears. Dogs...love love love them. This darling was at death's door and still showed his appreciation. I pray he makes it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see the dog in the Bahamas?

Sweet and loving after 30 days underground...that's dog natureHeart

Valued Contributor

I sure did.His name is MiracleHeart

Trusted Contributor

The rescuers named him Miracle. Caretakers helping him thrive and get well say there have been thousands of offers to pay for his care to be allowed to adopt him. But there is a continuing search for his owners, hoping they did not perish. He’s not quite ready for adoption, but he is able to walk now and is gaining weight. The rescue team that operated the drone and pulled away to rubble to get to Miracle visited him at the animal hospital. He licked their hands and faces as if in gratitude. 

Dogs live in the now. This one was so lucky to have God’s eyes right on him. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I did see the rescue and at first I was sad that he was skin and bones...but then I realized it was a miracle that he was still alive. I hope he can be nursed back to full health and placed in a good home!!!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I did see Miracle and I don’t know when I’ve cried so much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't hear about this, but was compelled to look it up (this is one of the less depressing photos):

Image result for miracle dog rescue

Yo, Miracle doggie!  I'm sure he will find an equally miracle family to tove  (and feed) him!

Denise
Respected Contributor

It was amazing that they found him.  And then I saw his skinny little tail wagging and knew how happy he must be.  Hope they find his owners or a good new home.  Heart

Respected Contributor

I saw that. The dog was emaciated and survived on rainwater. Seemed to know that people were trying to help. Another dog with him died. Poor things.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I did - and I sobbed.

He will find a loving home...hundreds of people have already inquired about adopting him.

He has such a humble beautiful face.