Honored Contributor

Re: Detected Heart Murmur in ZaZu during his yearly examination

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Yes, you and your DH were blessed to have that problem caught and now taken care of.  I hate to think about the outcome of that had it not been found by that astute medical worker!

Willoughby is doing so much better now that he is eating raw.  I switched him in December.  Besides the whole IBD thing, his skin was raw from itching constantly.  That began to turn around within a week.  His poor ear flaps and elbows were raw and now he has no sores and has hair on those spots.  He is a happier dog and that makes us happy.  He had an IBD flare right after his rabies shot.  Our holistic vet thinks it was because of the shot. (that's a whole other subject LOL ) We seem to have him back in remission for the time being.  Thanks for asking!  Thanks also for the help you have given me with supplement suggestions Smiley Wink.

@tends2dogs  So glad Willi  is doing better!  As far as rabies shots go... I stopped doing them after the second shots.  Lola is now 8 and Zazu is now going on 5. No more rabies shots going forward.  They have had enough and rabies shots are the ones that tend to change personaitites from nice dogs to mean dogs... and cause other metabolic changes. 

Poor pets are just over vacinated due to the phamacutical companies greed and brain washing of the public.  People should do Tiethers  to check their blood to see if their pets need the shots... but, this is rarely ever discussed by vets.

@SeaMaiden  Frankie's annual exam is next week, and we will do titers.  Her three year vaccines are due, and I've told the Vet I plan to do titers from now on.  Rabies is required by law though, and I am afraid to not give her the rabies vaccine.  My Vet does a three year vaccine.

I don't plan on giving Henry, my almost year old kitten, anymore vaccines after the initial kitten vaccines that she has already had.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden,What a precious face. Very good idea to see cardiologist.Some heart murmers are mild some can change rapidly with age.My shihtzu Riley had a noticeable one when young now very mild.My first shihtzuswent from mild as he aged to ending  his life at 12. The dr will tell ypu the care, what to look for,as others said,wait to give suppliments.We went to naturepath after our first one got bad quickly ,she suggested the meds regular vet gave.Dont worry until you get to the speciaist.Always say a prayer for your baby everynight,the creator listens... hugs,MaryAnne

Valued Contributor

9Re: Detected Heart Murmur in ZaZu during his yearly examination

@SeaMaiden,What a precious face. Very good idea to see cardiologist.Some heart murmers are mild some can change rapidly with age.My shihtzu Riley had a noticeable one when young now very mild.My first shihtzuswent from mild as he aged to ending  his life at 12. The dr will tell ypu the care, what to look for,as others said,wait to give suppliments.We went to naturepath after our first one got bad quickly ,she suggested the meds regular vet gave.Dont worry until you get to the speciaist.Always say a prayer for your baby everynight,the creator listens... hugs,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

Re: 9Re: Detected Heart Murmur in ZaZu during his yearly examination

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@Still keeper of the koi  ((Hugs))🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Yes, you and your DH were blessed to have that problem caught and now taken care of.  I hate to think about the outcome of that had it not been found by that astute medical worker!

Willoughby is doing so much better now that he is eating raw.  I switched him in December.  Besides the whole IBD thing, his skin was raw from itching constantly.  That began to turn around within a week.  His poor ear flaps and elbows were raw and now he has no sores and has hair on those spots.  He is a happier dog and that makes us happy.  He had an IBD flare right after his rabies shot.  Our holistic vet thinks it was because of the shot. (that's a whole other subject LOL ) We seem to have him back in remission for the time being.  Thanks for asking!  Thanks also for the help you have given me with supplement suggestions Smiley Wink.

@tends2dogs  So glad Willi  is doing better!  As far as rabies shots go... I stopped doing them after the second shots.  Lola is now 8 and Zazu is now going on 5. No more rabies shots going forward.  They have had enough and rabies shots are the ones that tend to change personaitites from nice dogs to mean dogs... and cause other metabolic changes. 

Poor pets are just over vacinated due to the phamacutical companies greed and brain washing of the public.  People should do Tiethers  to check their blood to see if their pets need the shots... but, this is rarely ever discussed by vets.

@SeaMaiden  Frankie's annual exam is next week, and we will do titers.  Her three year vaccines are due, and I've told the Vet I plan to do titers from now on.  Rabies is required by law though, and I am afraid to not give her the rabies vaccine.  My Vet does a three year vaccine.

I don't plan on giving Henry, my almost year old kitten, anymore vaccines after the initial kitten vaccines that she has already had.

@NickNack  This is such a difficult situation.  I am glad to hear you are going to titer.  I will be anxious to hear the results of it.  FYI The one year and the 3 year vaccination are exactly the same shot.  Also, all shots are the same dose.  After Willie's problem with his one and only rabies, I am going to go for an exemption.  Best of luck at your annual exam. Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Tell me about the rabies effecting personality!  Within 24 hours, Willie was jumping on us, biting at our hands (not hard) and getting into everything he could (waste baskets, top of our desks and counter) a real reverting back to puppyhood!  Our vet had us give him a homopathic remedy and it really helped.  I had to give it again two weeks later after he began vomiting blood.  One of the main ideas behind holistic is that everything going on in the body is tied together.  She really feels the rabies shot was the culprit.  He is back to his old self for now.  He is going to be 2 in June and still isn't fixed. I want him stable before I have him put under for that.  It is always something!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@NickNack  This is such a difficult situation.  I am glad to hear you are going to titer.  I will be anxious to hear the results of it.  FYI The one year and the 3 year vaccination are exactly the same shot.  Also, all shots are the same dose.  After Willie's problem with his one and only rabies, I am going to go for an exemption.  Best of luck at your annual exam. Smiley Happy

@tends2dogs  Our appt. is next Tuesday.  I hope the results will be back that week.  I'll start a new thread when I get the results.  I would be shocked if everything isn't within normal limits.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  When we had Willie titered after his distemper/parvo shot, it had to be sent away.  It seemed it took a couple weeks.  Too bad it isn't like the heartworm check where you get the result that day.

I will watch for your thread.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@NickNack  When we had Willie titered after his distemper/parvo shot, it had to be sent away.  It seemed it took a couple weeks.  Too bad it isn't like the heartworm check where you get the result that day.

I will watch for your thread.  Smiley Happy

That's disappointing, but I'm not completely surprised.

-Henry David Thoreau