Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Re: DOGS DETECTING SADNESS

[ Edited ]

Kingston sure does!

Even if voices are raised jokingly, he moves in for a cuddle!

ETA: My Sweet Boy Kingston!

Landon_2-1-235x300.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yes, I knew that.  And if I was having a bad day, my husband would tell me (he'd be at work) to go outside and sit with my dogs.  We had two choc labs.  One would be on each side of me with their chin on my leg.  They could always make me feel better.  

Respected Contributor

Oh, without a doubt I know this to be true. That's why my Sammy has become my best friend 😊

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm 

Oh, Labs are total love bugs! DD had a black one, loved that grandbaby!

Trusted Contributor

Re: DOGS DETECTING SADNESS

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  

My dog always knows when I'm sad and when I am he's extra clingy and kissy.

He also kisses my tears away...

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonMom 

May I ask what breed of doggie your handsome Kingston is?

Trusted Contributor

He's a American Staffordshire Terrier, AKA Pitt Bull.

The rescue group lied to us, said he was a Plott Hound. I guess it's hard to find homes for a Pitt Bull.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom 

I guess it's hard to find homes for a Pitt Bull.

It is hard to place them but it seems like the stigma is slowly lifting.  Thank you for giving him a forever home!

Contributor

Not only can they detect sadness, they can also be the best treatment and without any side effects ever!!!

A few years ago, as a single mom, I was going thru a lot and everything that could go wrong was going wrong, one afternoon after coming home from work my cell phone stopped working and at that moment that was the last straw for me. I  didn't have the time, nor the energy, nor the money to just go spend $1,000 or even $500 on a new cell phone with so many more expenses, so I just sat on my couch, grabbed my head and tears started to roll down my face, I was not making any noise, then suddenly my Bella jumped to the couch, sat next to me and started licking the tears from my face while my Isa was on the floor and started to lick my legs, I stopped crying and started to laugh feeling the unconditional love and care of my two beautiful and lovely princesses.

I will never forget that feeling and many others they have made me feel in the 11 and 13 years I was blessed and had the privilege to be chosen to be part of their lives.

unfortunately for me, my Isa went to heaven in 2021 and last Sunday October 1st, we had to make the very hard decision to "say goodbye" to Bella who was battling terminal cancer and her health had declined rapidly.

I was in denial and couldn't accept that she was not getting any better, my Bella was only staying because she knew I was not ready to let her go but she was ready and I finally realized it was her time, so until the end my babies, my girls, my princesses tried to be there for me.

I still can feel their love, I know they are still around even if they are not here physically, I know they will always take care of me from heaven and I also have a strong feeling they will send me another of their beautiful cousins to rescue me again!