Contributor

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@tg-indy wrote:

We had to make that heartbreaking decision last Friday for our beloved 10 year old Husky, Bandit.  I am so heart broken, questioning if we did the right thing.  My house feels so empty.  The past few weeks, he had to the vet several times per week having blood tests , ultra sounds, x rays. Turned out he had pancreatius , blood in his urine but no bacteria, liver enzyemes were slightly elevated, had a fever.  He was put on medications to treat those symptons, which we thought were starting to help. He was actually playful last Wednesday evening, then went to bed and when he needed to go out in the middle of night, he had lost total use of hind legs.  They were paralyed.  By Thursday they were cold.  No circulation at all. He had to have 3 sedatives to relax him, which makes me question our decision.  He fought all the way till the end. 

Oh my..bless his heart!!!...I am sure he was scared because he couldnt walk and didn't understand what was happening..he's in heaven now..able to run and play..and will remain that way for eternity...also waiting for that time when you join him..I have many furbabies waiting for me...I look forward to seeing them and my loved ones..God made all of us and He knew we needed furbabies..any animals really! I was raised by a daddy that loved all animals..as I do too. I can't imagine this world w/o them! xxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry about your Beloved Bandit.  I know your heart is breaking, and you feel lost without Him.  Please...No Guilt.  You did what you felt in your mind was the best for Bandit.  Sometimes your Heart and your Mind fight each other.  In your Heart, there will be no loss.  In your Mind you know you have to do what is best for your Sweet Baby.  He KNOWS he was loved and Cherished.

Heart{{{Gentle Hugs}}} Heart So Sorry ~Mistic

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Contributor

Thanks so much to everyone's kind words.  They do help.  I just keep wondering what happened to him. He should have had a few more years in his life.  After so many tests, no answers.  I realize I will never have any answers.  I do feel like maybe we missed something, like we let him down.  It's been 3 weeks and I still cry all the time. Trying to stay busy, but not sleeping very well.  It does help being able to express my feelings here. 

Respected Contributor

@tg-indyHeart

I could have written your post.  A couple of weeks for me.  It hurts so bad.  I'm still crying, too.  The Kind & Compassionate posters here have been a Blessing for me, and I know for you, too.  

{{{Gentle Hugs To You}}} Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

To the four posters who mentioned the loss of your precious pet....I am sorry you had to say goodbye.  On June 8, I had to send a precious one to the Bridge.   Deciding on the day to choose, I knew it was out of love, so the doubting and heaviness was easier to bear.  One day you will smile again when sweet memories surround you.

PS:  And to add ...I currently have a "Bo" too, 11-yr old Cocker Spaniel, the love of my life~!