Honored Contributor

DOG LEARNING TO "TALK" w/SOUNDBOARD

[ Edited ]

This is fascinating.

people DOT com/pets/dog-learning-to-talk-by-using-a-custom-soundboard-to-speak-im-in-constant-amazement

A speech-language pathologist says her dog already knows 29 words and can form phrases.

Image result for dog learning to talk"

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Loved it.  Was trying to explain it to DH last night.  Now I can show him.  Thank you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I have had four beagles over the last 42 years.our first beagle,Muffin, sang and talked. We taught her to say "I love you." She sang whenever one of us in the family would sing to her. She was especially fond of "Happy Birthday to You." None of our other beagles was able to do the same, although our second, Allie, was a canine genius. Her intelligent behavior was mind boggling. My last two beagles were just the most lovable pups ever.

Esteemed Contributor

My Jade, an English Lab, could say 'yes', 'no' and 'I wuv you'.  She could also open doors, knowing exactly how to turn the knob, and lock the inside cellar door - she locked me in the cellar twice and would laugh when I finally got out another way!  Being from Puerto Rico, she was bilingual!  But, we mostly communicated just by looking into one another's eyes.....

My Eddy, an Amstaff/Cocker, speaks with his tail:  two wraps means yes!  And, the more he enjoys something the more he wags his tail.  When we spoke to each other, he goes 'nh-neh' or makes similar noises and we communicate quite well:  again, looking into one another's eyes, kinda says it all!  Eddy can also open a door.  One time, finally I thought, I could take a shower and have the bathroom to myself 'cause Eddy was napping.  Then the door opened and Eddy took up his usual space, lying next to the tub!Woman LOL  (P.S. Eddy's the typical New Yorker.  When he came here I had a Brady teddy waiting for him - he ignored it - so I donated it to a rescue who'd appreciate it!)

Honored Contributor

Re: DOG LEARNING TO "TALK" w/SOUNDBOARD

The dog seems so happy to know that his person understands.  I know all our dogs feel that way, no matter how they communicate.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.