Honored Contributor

While I have never felt that, I do believe that previous pets have chosen my next pets.  After I lost my "soulmate" dog several years ago I finally started looking for another dog.  I was checking local rescues and a picture of a dog came up that was not from the site I was looking at.  That night I had a dream about my beloved dog standing with a black dog behind him.  That picture online kept showing up and for the next 3 days had the same dream and the black dog kept getting closer and my beloved dog farther away.  We drove 8 hours to get this sweet black dog.  I had a portrait made of this dog and my black dog is often seen staring at this portrait.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  I never thought that my beautiful Darcy and I were together in a previous life, but we had a connection that I have never had with another pet.  I think something must be wrong with me, but I miss her every day and it has been almost 3 years.  We always said that Darcy was really born in our home.  She was perfecct when she came to us at about age 7, after being in quite a few pounds in the Delaware/Maryland/Virginia areas.  So, I know how you must feel.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

No, I don't.  But I do believe we will be together in the next!  Looking forward to it, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme   I certainly do. When I was a really little girl one christmas a very fav Aunt & Uncle gave me the cutest little adorable stuffed dog. He was the BEST companion I ever had, carried him everywhere, a stubby tale, short little legs I could maneuver to carry on my arm. He went everywhere with me. Had the BEST short very curly hair wirey or sorts. 

When I grew up I knew I was destined to have an Airedale terrier - this is exactly what I thought of thinking back - way back to childhood and my little stuffed dog. He came to life when I had not one but two Airedales in my life, two of THE most lovable, beloved dogs I'd ever known. 

To this day I still miss my Dales Oswald and Clementine yes and my little stuffed doggie.

Esteemed Contributor

I always thought that we had to get to know each other.

However I believe that they are better then us in signal reading.  Which we seem to love and makes us love them more.  Basically just the most loving kissups in the world.  And it works, just like our real babies did.

One of my grand babies I used to dog sit for would just open one eye a little if I got up to potty.  But if I got up to make moves to go out in the car, the race was on!  They know us well.