Esteemed Contributor

...YOUR FURBABIES AND YOU WERE TOGETHER IN A PREVIOUS LIFE?

It may sound whackco to you, but I DO!

My precious Jade was my soulmate, I'm sure.  I remember, people visiting would often say 'she's human!'.    She could also clearly speak, yes/no/I love you.  My Eddy, I swear is human in spirit.  Perhaps we were mother and son in another lifetime, I'm not sure.  And though I do oftentimes treat him as a child like today when I said," you're not getting a cookie, until you finish your lunch" - so he came back and ate his kibble, then waited for his cookie!  Just recently a friend who visited, shockingly said, he's human!!!!!   Eddy also likes to snuggle before bedtime and then get tucked in and kissed goodnight (he later throws off the blankiesWoman LOL).

Anyways, call me weird, but imho my furbabies and I have lived lifetimes together in different ways, in different times.

What do you think?  (Please, nice comments onlyWoman Wink.)

Respected Contributor

I've never had that feeling, but good for you if you do. I don't think it's odd, at all.

Regular Contributor

Perhaps sometime outdoors, fresh air. It does sound "off".

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme.  Okay, I'll comply with your request and call you weird (but lovable).  I do think dogs that are talked to constantly pick up on words that make them seem human.  I've had several such dogs with which I had a strong bond but I wouldn't entertain the idea of knowing them in a previous life.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have had 3 very special connections with , spencer,he was so in tune with me,even let me know  he was going to die, yes he certainly did, and spirit was my baby,he was with me every minute of the day,and night,he was needy, got over excited, jumped, but oh what a love he and i had, kooper was my soft spoken ,litte boy , just took every day as it came ,did not play ball,but loved to just be in the yard with me, so in another life ,no i don't think that, the others i had were more family dogs, and cambridge is very independent ,loves to walk, but really is not a stay with you little girl.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU BELIEVE...

[ Edited ]

While I do not think my doggie and I were together in a previous life, I do think it was weird that I picked out a name for him before I met him and purchased him.   When I finally got to meet him, I knew he would be the one for me.

I did have an interesting experience with a friend's Airdale terrier decades ago.  I made a twitching movement with my mouth and nose, and the dog saw it and imitated it to perfection.  That was so strange and unexpected.  

I also witnessed a bulldog sing along with a harmonica at a large indoor luncheon at a friend's home, and when everyone was completely amazed and enthralled, and many people laughed out loud as it was so adorable, the dog felt insulted, stopped "singing" immediately, and sulked out of the room, never to return to the room full of people and food.

So, in short, I think that some dogs act more "human" than others, some even have special gifts or adorable quirks, and it is not odd for you to feel you have a strong bond with your animals.  

I love seeing my dog draw back his ears as if to indicate he knows we are talking about him, and he wants to know what we are saying about him.  I also love the "eyebrow" thing he does shifting his eyebrows back and forth between two people having a conversation.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had the feeling that we were togther in a previous life, but I have always thought we would be reunited at the rainbow bridge.

I don't know what I'd do without my sweet furbabies. Vaccuum a lot less often I guess, lol.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme 

Yes, I'll be as bold enough to agree with you! If you feel that way acknowledge it.  I looked into my lil girls eyes from day one and I said, "Wow, she looks familiar, who is she?"  My husband and son feel she's very familiar too. Who knows?  Pet from the past? Old friend or foe 😝 trying to make amends. Wishful thinking...Maybe some day we will find out. Mine tries to talk...she sounds like she's mumbling! 😊 Just keep loving them, it feels so good!

Honored Contributor

I never felt we lived together in a different life.

I talk to my dogs just like I did to my babies.  When I give them water...I say water.

When I get the leash, I say walk.  When it is time for bed.  I say bedtime.

When I say cookie, then run into the kitchen and stand in front,of the cupboard where their treats are.

They do understand a lot of words and I understand what they want because they are vocal when they want something...but they don't talk to me.  We just pick up on each other's movements and sounds.

Valued Contributor

I agree with @happycat i have had some who were like soul mates, but I am sure I will see them all in heaven.