Esteemed Contributor

DD's Bed Mates This Morning.

DD's alarm is set for 6:15am. Every morning when the alarm goes off Petunia jumps on the bed and digs at DD's blanket so she sticks her hand out from under the covers.  P then proceeds to pounce and gnaw on her hand until she gets up.  Everyday, 7 days a week.

DD said Petunia started digging at her an hour before the alarm this morning.  She told Petunia, it's too early and went back to sleep.

Whe the alarm went off and after the morning ritual, DD found, 2 soft sparkly balls, P's favorite blue mouse, and 2 other stuffed catnip toys in her bed.

Petunia came downstairs and took the toys up to DD's bed.  She was going to play in bed come heck or high water.

Honored Contributor

Re: DD's Bed Mates This Morning.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I think Petunia may be forever a kitten.  Where does Petunia sleep?  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  In DD's room, however she makes a couple of trips downstairs in the middle of the night to play.

I ave insomnia so I see her in the middle of the night.  Of course, that's when she plays with the balls that jingle and her other noisy toys. Sometimes she comes down and gets the dangly thing that's on a foot long stick and trys to take it upstairs.  She thumps every step on the way up and brings it down, thumping all the way.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I can just see her trying to take the fishing pole toy up the stairs!  That would be funny!  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I really enjoy your Petunia tales....hope you continue to post them!  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD's alarm is set for 6:15am. Every morning when the alarm goes off Petunia jumps on the bed and digs at DD's blanket so she sticks her hand out from under the covers.  P then proceeds to pounce and gnaw on her hand until she gets up.  Everyday, 7 days a week.

DD said Petunia started digging at her an hour before the alarm this morning.  She told Petunia, it's too early and went back to sleep.

Whe the alarm went off and after the morning ritual, DD found, 2 soft sparkly balls, P's favorite blue mouse, and 2 other stuffed catnip toys in her bed.

Petunia came downstairs and took the toys up to DD's bed.  She was going to play in bed come heck or high water.

I believe that Petunia wanted to play, but those were gifts. My boy is always bringing me his toys. I'll wake up and find three on the floor near where I sleep. Then he brings them to the study, and I'll find them under my chair. I never do more than toss one to him, which he ignores, so it's not a play request. 

I think Petunia was so happy that DD came home, she wanted to thank her. Giving DD her favorite blue mouse and four other toys says "tribute" to me.

That cat is a pistol.

Honored Contributor

That Petunia is her ‘own’ girl!  

Thank you @CrazyKittyLvr2  for sharing her antics.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all for your comments.  I hesitate to post stuff as I don't want to bore anyone, but sometimes she just does the most goofy things.

She is a pistol.

I only wish she wasn't so skittish when people come to the house.  Tess has always bolted and hid when she hears someone new.  Now Petunia does it too.

When the home health nurse was here after my knee surgery she did see Petunia by accident.  P was on the windowsill behind me, behind the curtains.  I pulled the curtain back and she just stared, her eyes were like saucers.  The nurse said, hi Petunia.

She was gone, it was like "omg, stranger danger."