Valued Contributor

My niece has 2 cats that she has had for several years. She just got another kitty and named her Josie. (As in Josie & the pussycats) Thought that was so cute

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

My niece has 2 cats that she has had for several years. She just got another kitty and named her Josie. (As in Josie & the pussycats) Thought that was so cute

cookin

very cute 😺

Honored Contributor

That's really cute, @cookinfreak!   Also, @Kitty Galore, from your post on another thread I think your Tonkinese kitties' names, Bella And Jet, are cute!   

I'll bet Josie, Bella and Jet all are beauties!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@cookinfreakGood for your niece putting a little thought and imagination into her kittys name! Josie and the Pussycats!  I remember that one. Girl Power!

There was a woman at the Vets with her old kitty boy. Handsome small tawny guy who she told me was a Singapura.  When she told me his name was "Raffles" I leaned down to his carrier and said "Hullo Gov'nor"  That woman had tears in her eyes she was so happy, saying 'Nobody has ever "Got it " Before!"   Aside from the famous Hotel, Raffles Founded /Govorned? SIngapore.  Which I knew because I got curious about the place ater watching Bruce Boxlitener in the T.V. "Show Bring 'em Back Alive"  You just never know when Pop Culture will brighten somebodies day!

Esteemed Contributor

I love names like that....My friend had 2 cats named George and Gracie....

Respected Contributor

Awww, cute names!

My alll time favorite cat name:  My husband's childhood cat (who LOVED chicken and would chatter when it was around) was approriately named Wisbone.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I have a black and white cat with white paws. I didn't want to copy sox from the president so I named her Bootsie. She is a love and picked me.