Super Contributor

Sorry if you've already seen this, but I had to bring this sweet dog story over here.  Woman Very Happy

"Since he was a puppy, Tucker has always been an incredibly sweet, sensitive dog who cares immensely about the people and things who are important to him. 

“He is the biggest baby when it comes to bugs flying on him, thunder or loud noises,” Katelyn Buckley, Tucker’s mom, told The Dodo. “He is very protective of us, especially if he doesn’t recognize someone approaching us.” 

Besides his parents, Tucker is also very protective of his favorite toys, and loves bringing them with him wherever he goes. 

“He always carries them in his mouth and whines from excitement with them still in his mouth,” Buckley said. “He takes them to bed with him and does share his food with them.

While Tucker has had many toys that he’s loved over the years, his current favorite is a stuffed lamb, and even though it’s rather large, he loves carrying it everywhere anyway. 

Tucker loves his toys so much that whenever it’s time for him to eat, he always makes sure his toys can reach the food bowl too, so he can share his food with them — and it’s the sweetest thing to watch. 

“He takes his toy and gently places its face in the bowl and will tip over the food bowl and scatter the food for it,” Buckley said.

Tucker has been trying to share his food with his toys for years now, and doesn’t seem to realize that they never eat the food the same way he does.

Even if he has noticed, he doesn’t care — he loves his toys so much and will always make sure to share everything with them, no matter what, because that’s just the kind of dog he is. 

dogfood.jpg

Respected Contributor

How precious ❤️ Feedin the toy is precious.
Sounds like my boy Jax. He likes to nurse on his toys and sometimes barks with it in his mouth. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cute story. I am familiar with this lamb toy because my dog had 

one two years ago when she was a puppy. It is a squeaky toy.

She loved it so much that she started chewing on it. Looks like 

Tucker takes care of his lamby.

Contributor

This is a precious story and Tucker is a sweet puppy. 

Honored Contributor

What a sweet story.  I had a shephard/collie who was so caring.  He didn't really care for toys except for a rubber chicken.  When we would squeak it he would gently take it to a rocking recliner and rock with it seeming to comfort it. 

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere -That is pretty amazing and so sweet. What a loving dog.

My oldest granddog would chew (or I should say eat!) shoes, couches, my son's old wooden dresser and every rubber king kong bone we gave him.

But he never chewed his favorite toy-

a big stuffed green toadSmiley Happy

He slept with it and I always thought it was incredible that he took such good care of it.Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

thank you for sharing this lovely little story !!!

Respected Contributor

@Happy2BHere 

OH MY HEART - it just exploded!!!!!