Honored Contributor

Yes, Crows are very smart. There are plenty of youtube videos about them...showing their antics and intelligence.

We feed the birds and they come around here during the winter...lots of fun!  Smiley Very Happy

PA250300.JPG

Respected Contributor

Crows ARE Smart. and crows like to Play. I've seen them on a windy day, sitting on a tree top and when the wind rises the launch into the air and try to just hang there, then land on the branches and Do it AGAIN with the next gust of wind.  Playing.

also check out the fable the Crow and the Pitcher. 

Respected Contributor

Your comment about loving the sound of chirping and singing of birds reminded me of the sound I hear when there is absolute quiet.  It is very pleasant and calming.

One night as I was drifting off to sleep, I mentioned to DH I wondered what the birds were doing...I " heard " the singing.  He listened and then send there is no sound outside.  Then I knew for sure it was the background sound in my head.

When I mentioned this to my PCP, she had never heard of such a thing and kept questioning me.  Told her I was very happy with the sound and how calming it was.

I will take the sound of walking through woods on a spring morning and listening to the peaceful sounds of birdsong any day !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Yesterday afternoon, I was watching at least 20 crows all flying around a hawk.

Don't know what happened but it seemed so unfair to watch 20 crows dive bombing one hawk. 

Years ago many neighbors would put their trash out in plastic bags. It seemed to make sense. No trash cans sitting at the curb after the trash was picked up. Well, the crows figured out when trash day was. It became quite a mess. The crows pecked the plastic trash bags open and trash was then scattered about.

Now not one person uses the plastic trash bag without a trash can. They trained us well.

Esteemed Contributor

Ravens are extremely intelligent.  First time I learned about them was at the Tower of London in Europe where they still reside today.   Their wings are clipped to prevent them from flying away as it was thought to be bad luck or that the crown would fall.  Very interesting, it's been going on for centuries.

Honored Contributor

Smart enough to steal my husband's blueberry muffin (still in the package) out of the golf cart, and another guy's MONEY out of his billfold in the golf card.

The kind course staff climbed up the next day and retrieved a number of $20 bills that were then lining the crow's nest.  Smart?  Yep!  Pesky? YES YES!

Respected Contributor

One afternoon I was at home and heard a big commotion from the trees across the street. There was a bunch--a murder, perhaps--that were mobbing a bald eagle. I've seen them run off hawks and other birds and that's one reason I keep my cat indoors.