Honored Contributor

Make sure you are buying your vet meds from a legitimate, authorized retailer!

I know that companies like Heartguard will also pay for the cost of any heart worm treatments if your pet gets heartworm while consistently being on their product but only if you can prove your pet was on it without a break and only if purchased from an authorized dealer.

https://www.securingindustry.com/pharmaceuticals/packaging-firm-ceo-pleads-guilty-to-veterinary-med-...

Honored Contributor

≈^••^≈   My medicine comes from a compounding pharmacy.    Lucky for me, Old Furless doesn't take THAT out of my allowance.   Kitty

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

≈^••^≈   My medicine comes from a compounding pharmacy.    Lucky for me, Old Furless doesn't take THAT out of my allowance.   Kitty

We use Roadrunner out of Arizona for our compounded antibiotic. They always include kitty toys in the box.

Respected Contributor

Does the CEOs company sell that product or does he ship it off to other 3rd party vendors?  If that is the case I now understand why my Vet Refuses to OK meds/ flea and tick treatments that are Labled by the company to be sold  through Veterinary office only.  They say they cannot gaurantee the product if it is bought from a third party Like the online pharmacys ( who are NOT Veterinarians). IF those companys have it when they are not supposed to,  WHO did they get it from? 

Thanks Vet office for keeping fluffy safe.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Does the CEOs company sell that product or does he ship it off to other 3rd party vendors?  If that is the case I now understand why my Vet Refuses to OK meds/ flea and tick treatments that are Labled by the company to be sold  through Veterinary office only.  They say they cannot gaurantee the product if it is bought from a third party Like the online pharmacys ( who are NOT Veterinarians). IF those companys have it when they are not supposed to,  WHO did they get it from? 

Thanks Vet office for keeping fluffy safe.

@candys mine they ship them off to 3rd party vendors. There are online retailers that are legitimately selling them through their pharmacies, like Drs. Foster and Smith and KV vet supply. I know these are legitimate retailers as Heartguard is what I get from them and they did say they are legitimate and would be guaranteed through those companies. Both companies are long time established companies and very reputable. There are many other online companies I would never buy from though. 

Honored Contributor

I can't click on the link because I'm at work. (Long story)

I only buy my dog's meds from my vet.  First I want to support his local business and second, a former vet I had told me you have to be very careful about ordering meds on-line. 

Are vets offices getting counterfeit meds as well or just some on-line retailers?  

Esteemed Contributor

Are products like frontline also at risk?  My vet doesn't even sell that.  I see it at pet supply stores, online and b&m.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Are products like frontline also at risk?  My vet doesn't even sell that.  I see it at pet supply stores, online and b&m.

@Snoopp  I don't know about Frontline, but if you purchase from reputable online companies like Drs. Foster & Smith there's not a problem with anything being counterfeit.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau