Valued Contributor

Could you take Lucy and Ethel?....

[ Edited ]

A knock on the door this afternoon  a lady who tells me that she has a problem..lady I think,i got problems,and there isnt an answer ..could you look at these puppies..Please? Good God ,why me?Why now?  Seems our local vet directed her to me, I am now not happy..  she comes back from her car with 2 fat little  girls,bulldogs,they have eye problems,drops and eye appointments.You have vision impaired  animals,yes i do....I cant take care of these two ,can you?So here i am with 2 new little lives, my others, a pocket full  of eyedrops and new beginnings .Thank you to the power that sees us all.  A big night here,2 new little girls...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could you take Lucy and Ethel?....

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

A knock on the door this afternoon  a lady who tells me that she has a problem..lady I t hink ,i got problems,and there isnt an answer ..could you look at these puppies..Please? Good God ,why me?Why now?  Seems our local vet directed her to me, I am now not happy..  she comes back from her car with 2 fat little  girls,bulldogs,they have eye problems,drops and eye appointments.You have vision impaired  animals,yes i do....I cant take care of these two ,can you?So here i am with 2 new little lives, my others, a pocket full  of eyedrops and new beginnings .Thank you to the power that sees us all.  A big night here,2 new little girls...

sounds like you need to talk to your local vet....

Trusted Contributor

Bless you for taking those pups. I agree, you need to call your vet and see in what way you will be reimbursed for what not, food, etc. Surely the vet does not expect you to adopt, but to foster until a home can be found? You are a kind soul. God bless you. 

Honored Contributor

Aren't there rescue groups? I know our Collie Rescue gets calls from Vets and people about dogs that need help. And there are certain people in the group that fosternd nurse dogs back to health. 

Why did the Vet just send the lady to your house? And not talk to you before hand.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

She gave me the pups, she was a new breeder and was overwhelmed.She signed them over to me .She wasnt ready for unadoptable  puppies They will go to our eye dr on monday.. Hope  it is just eyelid entropication... Yes ,i think the vet thought she would seek info,not a home..

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi, though unexpected, you are doing such a wonderful thing by taking them in.  You will never regret having those girls. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I agree with TexasMom1. You are a kind soul for taking in those puppies. Bless you Mary Anne. You are dealing with so much right now.. I will keep you in my prayers. 🙏🏻🙏🏻 @Still keeper of the koi

Trusted Contributor

The world needs more people like you.

My two dogs are from the lady next door.  

They make us so happy.

Honored Contributor

I think that is what upsets the President of our Collie Rescue group so much. What he calls "backyard breeders".

The last big rescue were 10 collies from a "backyard breeder". And the breeder wanted a white collie. So he bred the dogs until he got his white collie. Unfortunately, the white collie is blind and deaf. And no one wanted a blind and deaf dog.

The backyard breeder don't always study and learn about what they are dealing with. Until they get a blind and deaf dog. And then they want someone else to deal with the disabled dog.

Thank you for taking the dogs. 

Honored Contributor

When I lost Sugars, the pain was so bad that I told God that I wasn't going to adopt anymore animals.  Too many heartbreaks to bare.  How did God reply?  He put a skinny puppy, going through garbage, in my path on my way home from work.  Where is that puppy?  With me!  I named her Josephine, my mothers middle name.  God works in mysterious ways.  Maybe he is letting you know that he wants you to continue taking care of his needy ones.  It doesn't give people permission to take advantage of you though.  You seem to be one of God's chosen ones to help him with his needy ones......  BLESSINGS