Honored Contributor

In your area,and cremation?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

That  is a fairly open price.  Some vets may require an exam if they are not a current patient.  Size and type of pet could be a consideration.  What type of arrangements you may want also need to be considered.  So to just give a number would only be relevant to the individual.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

New Joisey

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at Thu, Oct 11, 2018-12.26.44 PM.png

My vet charges $45 across the board for cats

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  We have usually paid $100.  That is taking the pet to the vet (after hours where he always came out to our car - we are in a country setting) or once, coming to our house.  There was no way we could get our guy in the car.  The vet came out before his office opened and did it in the living room.  I can hardly stand writing about this......it comes back so clear.  Anyway, the vet helped DH get him into our wheel barrel and take him out to the grave that DH had dug previously.  Again, the vet helped to lay him in the ground.  We have been blessed to be able to bury all of our dogs together on our property.  We even have my sister's sweet dog buried there.  I have never asked about cremation so I can't offer anything there. 

I know that these are tough, bittersweet days for you, @goldensrbest.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

This is a picture where all of our sweet babies are resting.

20170705_110137 (1).jpeg

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Cost of euthanasia

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs ,What a peaceful setting for them. They want around $500.00 for my golden, still checking so i will know.

Respected Contributor

On Sept. 19 we had to have our 80 lb. American Bulldog put down.  Pinky was almost 13 with severe arthritis, going blind, heart failure & more.  

Our son insisted on separate cremation, remains in a carved box and a plaster mold of her paw. $400 was the cost.  We are in north NJ.  Everything is expensive here.  I wanted to keep expenses down but I was outnumbered.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest🙏😞.  My heart goes out to you.  LM

Valued Contributor

I paid about $530 for my 20 year kitty to be euthanized and cremated. The vet came to my home, sedated the cat with an injection, and when she was really drowsy, inserted an IV. I held kitty in my lap the whole time. After she died, I placed her in the blanket lined basket the vet brought and tucked her in. The vet then took her away and I received a ltttle box about a week later with the remains. The vet was soft spoken and respectful. The whole process took about an hour and was well worth the expense.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cost of euthanasia

[ Edited ]

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I paid about $530 for my 20 year kitty to be euthanized and cremated. The vet came to my home, sedated the cat with an injection, and when she was really drowsy, inserted an IV. I held kitty in my lap the whole time. After she died, I placed her in the blanket lined basket the vet brought and tucked her in. The vet then took her away and I received a ltttle box about a week later with the remains. The vet was soft spoken and respectful. The whole process took about an hour and was well worth the expense.

@Jasmine19

I did the same,I am in NJ also. i know I gave them $500 but it did not cost that much, it was included in a huge tip, that they did not want to take, but I insisted on.

It was the best thing Iever did for my Barkley and I was so pleased that it went so well.

The girls (female vets) were wonderful.kind and understanding and gave me all the time I needed.They treated Barkley with love and gentle care .

The crematoriam put up with my tearful phone calls and I received a lovely letter of condolence and My Beloved Barkley was in a beautiful Cherrywood box with his name and a post saying his name and that he was the companion of Lorraine  <3

Best thing I ever did was call these girls to come to my home and help Barkley cross over Rainbow Bridge.

He was asleep in his fav spot  when they arrived and never woke up,  even as they did what they had to do while I held him in my arms .  I also wraped him in his fav blankie.

Honored Contributor

I agree i want only his ashes,when it is time ,that is what we have always done in the past,to have a vet come to the house, it is $600  so just checking ,i know he can not make it once the snow starts falling,with his failing back legs.