Honored Contributor

@Colliegirls.  @CITRINE.  Could you get a picture like this of your dogs?  Collies and a few wannabees.  Mine aren't that well trained or obiedent.

image.jpeg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My 92 yr old mother grew up w/collies.  Right now she has a miniture collie.  She always said collies are easy to train cause they are very lazy & eagar to learn.

I grew up w/one also but, my mother took care of it.  Us kids were reminded every day whose dog it was.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  There's no such breed as a "miniature" collie.  Could it possibly be a sheltie like the little guy in the picture?

Respected Contributor

I "Love" Collies. 

We had a Collie growing up.  His name was "Buttons".  He was such a smart dog.  Very protective of the family.  I loved him so very much.  I know I will see him again one day... 

Honored Contributor

Many of us were raised by collies, especially those in the "boomer" generation and before.  Those of us from the Lassie period.  Now people don't want to bother maintaining the big coats so smooth collies have gained in popularity.  Same sweet disposition but you can brush them in 30 seconds.  Just doesn't seem like a collie without the big coat though

Esteemed Contributor

One of my good friends had a beautiful collie....he would put his head on my lap when I would be over her house visiting........such a wonderful dog.

Super Contributor

They are so beautiful. I'd like to be right in the center getting some Collie love!  

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  That is such a cool pic!  I can't imagine how you would get a pose like that.  I also remember seeing so many more collies when I was a kid (I, too, grew up with Lassie).  I always thought they were the most beautiful animals with a disposition to match.  I don't remember anyone being bitten by one either.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

What a bunch of beauties they are @Kachina624!  

I especially love the masks on two of those sable and whites.  

Only a collie owner knows the true beauty of the breed.  They have a calm, sweet, gentle disposition and a warm, loving heart.  And while I agree that they are eager to please and easy to train, they are far from lazy.  

Esteemed Contributor

That would really be an accomplishment to get that many to pose!!

Every one of our collies and shelties would hold still and pose if our children put clothes on them!!  I guess they just wanted to get it over with!!