Respected Contributor

Henry looks like he has some Persian in his family tree. If he has a persian type face he may always have some tearing/staining.  I have never used the product but there is a product called Eye Envy that is for staining around the eyes you may want to look into. Henry sure is a Cutie Pie!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Eyes

[ Edited ]

@candys mine wrote:

Henry looks like he has some Persian in his family tree. If he has a persian type face he may always have some tearing/staining.  I have never used the product but there is a product called Eye Envy that is for staining around the eyes you may want to look into. Henry sure is a Cutie Pie!

Thanks @candys mine.  I think he'll always have some tearing/staining around his eyes, too. I'd just like to get it off if I could and then take care of it every day.  That may not be possible.  It doesn't seem to bother him, and it isn't gunky at all.  It's just stained.

When I see dogs with stains around their eyes I wonder why their owners haven't tried to get it off.  Now I know it might not be possible!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I can't take the cuteness.  Seriously, this cat is just too precious.  How do you stand it?  Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

OMG I can't take the cuteness.  Seriously, this cat is just too precious.  How do you stand it?  Woman Very Happy

Thank you @Citrine1!  

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I have a white Pomeranian who had tear stains.We found Vetericyn  Ophthalmic Gel. It works on bacteria and fungus.It doesn't sting. I put some on a cotton ball and wash his eyes. He has no more stains.

It is a little hard to find. We have purchased it at the feed store and once at one of the pet stores.You can google it and find where you can get it in your area.

If you cant find the Ophthalmic Gel you can use the regular ointment by Vetericyn.It is an excellent product. 

Honored Contributor

@gtx wrote:

I have a white Pomeranian who had tear stains.We found Vetericyn  Ophthalmic Gel. It works on bacteria and fungus.It doesn't sting. I put some on a cotton ball and wash his eyes. He has no more stains.

It is a little hard to find. We have purchased it at the feed store and once at one of the pet stores.You can google it and find where you can get it in your area.

If you cant find the Ophthalmic Gel you can use the regular ointment by Vetericyn.It is an excellent product. 

Thank you @gtx.  I found it several places.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Eyes

[ Edited ]

fullsizeoutput_bb.jpeg

@NickNack:  

Since there's a small patch of white fur next to the tear stain from his right eye, anything there will be more noticeable.  ;-)

Been catching up on Q threads; sorry for any delay re: my responses.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy  Since I posted this I've been using warm water on cotton balls.  They're doing a better job than the eye cleaning pads, but not nearly good enough.  Today I tried cleaning them twice.  If I could spend a lot longer working on them I'd have more luck, but Henry doesn't like me cleaning them at all.  If they had been cleaned his whole life it would be a lot easier.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

That's good to hear, @NickNack; I used to do the same.  Plus you know the water temperature is soothing.  

Yep; kitties don't care for us fussing with them - just like little kids, LOL.

But eventually, most get used to whatever their human has to do.

I like Henry's tear stains; they kind of look like the natural tabby striping he has elsewhere.  Anything that brings more attention to THOSE EYES.   8)