Honored Contributor

Just a year ago, my niece acquired two kitten siblings.  One, the adventurer, immediately made her way up the Christmas tree and had her photo snapped.  I thought it was a sweet picture.

Screenshot_20211205-155737_Amazon Photos.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Meowy Christmas! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

So cute!!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

What a sweet sweet face. She is beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - And that's why I no longer put up a Christmas tree!  The year my cats toppled it five minutes after it was up...that was it.

I'm thinking of trying again this year, now that they're older.

What a wonderful photo.  That kitty would be all I needed for a Christmas gift.  I just watched "The Nine Kittens of Christmas" and loved it.

Respected Contributor

Feline in the pine!  Been there, done that!!  Tree destroyed in less than 5 minutes.  Fur hellions.  Gotta love  'em.  😸

Honored Contributor

This makes me think of my sweet girl and miss her. She loved sitting under my little table top tree. And who wouldn't? The cheery lights and color.

I kept it up way past Christmas because she and I loved it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Venezia   Put a small "I" screw in the wall behind the tree.  They have a round opening.  Wind some lightweight wire around the tree, then through the hook to attach it.  Your tree should stay in place.  My dad did this to our tree when we had a cat.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - LOL!  I had posted about this "incident" in more detail on another thread, so I didn't repeat it here.

BUT, I had experience with my sweet kitties trying to mess with my Christmas trees, so I weighted the base down.  Literally, with my barbell weights placed under the stand and wired to it.

THEN I also put two anchoring wires from the tree to the wall at opposite angles.

And they STILL managed to bring it down!  That's when I called it quits.  Woman Frustrated

My two older cats, that I brought with me from England, used to bat at the ornaments on the bottom of the tree, but mostly just liked to sleep under it.

These kitties that I have now???  Whole other story!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Venezia   The new cats must be very big and heavy, like bobcat size and disposition.