Esteemed Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

The vet prescribed Trazadone after the aggressive behavior started.  She showed some improvement, but not a lot.    Hence the search for something else.  CBD oil was one of the vet's recommendations.  I was just wondering what other people's experience has been.  

Obviously we are still working on identifying the root cause to the problem.  In the meantime, we need to keep her moving and keep up her socialization to the extent that we can.  

Blood tests didn't show anything.  Possibly there is a hormone issue since she was very aggressive during her heat cycle.  It calmed down afterwards, but increased again after the spay.  

Rimadyl controls most of the limping, but some days it worse than others.  

She continues to be spooked by just about anything on some days.  She is totally fine the next day.  It is very frustrating .... 

There is no way you can socialize a dog that is being aggressive.  You are only reinforcing the behavior by allowing it to continue.  Seriously need to get a second opinion from a vet and talk to a behaviorist to resolve this issue before you try to socialize your dog.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

Re: Cbd oil for dog

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy  

I was just asking about people's experience with CBD oil.  But thanks for your opinion.

Regular Contributor

I've never used CBD oil myself, don't have to yet, but I have a coworker who swears by the stuff.  She uses it regularly on her older dogs.

Honored Contributor
My sister uses CBD oil with her dog, a cocker spaniel. She has many joint and spinal issues and is in a lot of pain. She adds CBD oil to her food but she has to disguise it because apparently it does not taste very good. It hasn’t cured her pain issues but she is more mobile and sleeps better since adding it to her diet.
Super Contributor

That is good to know.  I think I will give this a try.  I don't think it can hurt.  

And, maybe I better  find some doggie frozen yoghurt to help the medicine go down.

Esteemed Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

My pup had always been timid. Now she has panosteitis and is becoming dog aggressive. Various people have suggested CBD oil to reduce the inflammation and pain and anxiety in hopes of reducing her aggression. Does anyone have experience with this? TIA

I have no experience with CBD oil, but I would be willing to try it under a vet's supervision.  I would also look for a holistic vet.  There are several remedies that could be tried that just may give your girl some relief.  I have no problem believing that the pain is causing the aggression in your dog.  Thank God this is a self limiting syndrome.  I wish you the best and most of all, relief for your pet. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

OK, here is my 2 cents worth......Have you tried DMSO, that works works quite well, if YOU can deal with the smell of garlic of pup's breath...You can get it at Tractor Supply, I know, and my vet uses it on his wife who has osteoarthritis.....SO...I have used it previously used it on my Rainbow pup, but no reason for it now....Just a suggestion...

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

I will keep the DMSO suggestion in mind.   

So far I am liking the CBD oil.  She has always been the pickiest of eaters and weighs about 15 pounds less than she should.  While that is good for the pano, it is not so great for the rest of her development.  The CBD oil has made a big difference in her appetite and she appears to be less anxious.    

So far so good ...