Trusted Contributor

animals-cat-cat_behaviour-cats_and_boxes-pets-ungrateful_pets-gra100112_low.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Cats and cardboard boxes!!!

That's like Bill the cat.  Every time I bring home anything in a paper bag with handles, Bill takes a nose-dive into it!

I usually just give it to him for awhile, but first I have to cut off the handles.  

Once, he got his head stuck through the handle and ran around the house.  I finally caught him.  THAT's when I vowed to cut the handles off of all shopping bags.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  One of the joys of life is watching a cat with a new box or paper bag.  Such fun.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Here's a picture of our late F3 bengal Rocko that was accepted by Igotcheeseburgers -and my favorite caption:

"Does this box make me look fat??"

cimg0258.jpg

Yes, he was long and skinny!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb 

What a wonderful photo memory of your Rocko (my grandfather's name, but spelled Rocco).

I cannot imagine his long, slim kitty frame filling that boxCat LOL

Bengals are beautiful cats, but I undertand they are mischievous and a handful.  

Trusted Contributor

@denisemb   Your pic is hillarious, really enjoyed it !!!!

Honored Contributor

https://media.giphy.com/media/sFvBhZ9Vqbgo8/giphy.gif

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That's like Bill the cat.  Every time I bring home anything in a paper bag with handles, Bill takes a nose-dive into it!

I usually just give it to him for awhile, but first I have to cut off the handles.  

Once, he got his head stuck through the handle and ran around the house.  I finally caught him.  THAT's when I vowed to cut the handles off of all shopping bags.

One of my dogs did this!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@denisemb 

I'm sorry for the loss of your Sweet Mr. Rocko.  Blessings to him at the Bridge .. one more to join all other pets there & he's being hugged by all.

Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00 

Yes, I remember those days always.  I had recently rec'd a box & the first thing my 2 girls did was jump inside & stay there quite awhile.  I've always torn the handles off of the paper bags & they always played inside, sometimes alone, sometimes with each other.  These days, most of their play time has subsided & they're more into restful/napping periods.  I still try to play with them once in awhile, as I never know if they'll have a sudden moment of fun.  Bless all of their little souls always.