Super Contributor

20190606_145250.jpg

Super Contributor

Oblivious to the day..Catnip stuck to the fur..  Hot and humid day.Out cold!

Respected Contributor

Re: Catnip haze...

[ Edited ]

Hello Tweety68,

My "YardCat" as I call him LOVES CATNIP!

(a very cautious feral I have been lovingly sponsoring since we met when he was but a tad older than kittenhood....)

He (I named Matthew) loves the stuff.

He runs over to me - greeting with his tail straight up in the air (as he most always carries himself) and waits impatiently for me to sprinkle a decent amount on the concrete patio slab known as my backyard. (in a rowhome that's what we have in Fishtown PHILLY).

Matthew eats it, rolls in it, and delights in the stuff.

He has a fort of sorts my husband & I made for him to live comfortably and out of the elements from in our yard.

He loves my (inside) kiddencat Shadow.

They're pals.

Shadow is hot & cold with Matthew - but my beloved Matthew is ALWAYS Team Shadow.

Cats are a constant source of amusement and love for us. 

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby that is so sweet that your outside kitty loves catnip. I have a tabby that adopted me in a similar fashion - out in the rural area of NJ. I would see her in the yard but she wouldn't let me near her and I think she was taking shelter in my detached garage thru an open window. So I started feeding her and one rainy cold night about 3 years ago, I came home to find her sitting on my steps looking wet and miserable. Of course she ran but this time she didn't go far. I went in and got a box and some towels and blankets and some food and water, put that all onto my enclosed porch and left the door open for her. I guess she decided that she would trust me that far. Over the past 3 years, we've progressed to being quite at home on the porch, we now have a heated bed and some pillows and blankets to lay on. I planted some catnip for her and she loves it. She will roll on the plant when I'm in the yard.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Catnip haze...

[ Edited ]

@Tweety68 

I have but one senior kitty left from a large "cat herd."  All now departed but him.  He is mostly white with tan spots. 

Artemis is not so much a fan of catnip, but loves the heat and laying outside on my back porch.  This afternoon, I found him on his back in the direct sun.

It makes my heart happy to see them relaxed and sleeping peacefully, content that the next meal will arrive on time and to his liking.

As it should be!Cat Very Happy

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman .You are so right.I wanted nothing more than to kiss that saggy belly..But alas left her happy and asleep..You are a great cat mom!

Respected Contributor

I had a cat that was indifferent to dried catnip.

For the heck of it I bought a plant and she was over the moon!

Denise
Respected Contributor

GinaV24 - I love your story.  I'm so glad you love and protect a lil stray feral kiddencat like you do.

How sweet/humane/thoughtful/and beautiful you are.

Trusted Contributor

@Tweety68 

So peaceful & content!  Thank you for posting.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I just found that Walmart sells catnip infused paper bags. My cats love them. They like paper bags anyway, but adding the catnip infusion makes them even happier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!