Honored Contributor

Re: Cat sleeping under covers

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WFxKX9d0E9I/UgAforP2KuI/AAAAAAAABmU/QgbQRl0ubjU/s1600/cat+under+covers.jpg

Trusted Contributor

My cat always sleeps under the covers.  Every night after I go to bed she comes up and lightly taps me on the forehead.  That's her cue for me to lift up the covers so she can sleep down by my feet.  

Respected Contributor

All three of my cats slept under the covers.  I think they liked the warmth.

When my brother's cat got older I bought her a heated cat bed.  She loved it and spent most of her resting time there.

Respected Contributor

Doggies like to sleep under the covers, too!  This is my granddog, Jasper.  Since this picture, the comforter has worn out, and he now has it next to his dog bed! 

undercover cutie.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Decades ago,  I had two cats who would usually sleep with their heads on my pillow, front legs stretched straight above their heads and their bodies under the covers. If I was in bed, they slept that way, one on either side of me! 

Super Contributor

Both of my cats do this.

Honored Contributor

It's not dangerous as long as he can get out on his own when he wants to. Cats are smart. I have one that loves to be under the covers and a couple others that like to visit but not hang out there. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

I feel somewhat better after reading the posts.  I had pulled her out of under the sheets when I found her.  She's now sleeping on the top of the bed.  I hated to disturb her, but it is somewhat unnerving to find a mound like that

@songbird

Like humans, every 4 legged family member has their own idiosyncracies.  My Bogey likes to play Peek A Boo with me ......   when I toss a throw over him and then lift up enough his face & say Peek a Boo!   He gets the whole hiding under the blanket thing. lol

Bogey used to lay at the foot of the bed at night, but now he sleeps up at the top, head on a pillow.  If I turn over in the middle of the night, he immediately puts his paws on my back to keep me from rolling over onto him!    

Honored Contributor

I've always had baby blankets for our girls.  They loved them when it was cold.  One used to sleep above me at the head of the bed. 

We have two now and one of them likes getting under the covers with me in the morning, as she did today.  She doesn't stay when I get up, she gets up with me.

Super Contributor

A few years ago when I had two cats, one of them just waited for me to change the sheets.  He would stand staring at me until I threw the top sheet (deliberately high) over the bed then he would scramble up to get under the sheet so that it actually landed on him.  We would then have a tickle-session, then he would get down and I would do it again - and again.  Strangely, he never wanted to sleep under the covers.  My second cat was just the opposite.  He would wait until the bed was made then get under the covers to sleep.  I miss them so much.  My later cat was not interested in my bed at all, except to wake me up in the morning by tapping my shoulder.