Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cat sleeping under covers

@songbird

It would be nice if you gave her a blankie or something to cuddle with while she is on top of the bed and not under the sheets.She must be cold  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, both of my cats like sleeping under the covers.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMommawrote:

@songbird

It would be nice if you gave her a blankie or something to cuddle with while she is on top of the bed and not under the sheets.She must be cold  Smiley Happy

Yes.  Would you belive I'm on the  Chewie site searching for her own kind of blanket?

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you.   Smiley Happy     They sell tunnel like beds that cats love too.............lol

Honored Contributor

One of our girls loves to get under the covers with me.  It's become a Caturday morning ritual.  She really revs up the purring then.

Honored Contributor

We have a lot of beds for them, and blankets.  I have large silky blankets I put on the couch for them, they obviously love the feel of it.

I also buy a lot of baby blankets for them, you know how cats love to sit on things.

DD has bought them fancy beds but the one they like best looks like a Yurt.  I got it from Walmart, they always choose that one.    It's like really thick felt, in the shape of a tee-pee.

Honored Contributor

Nope not dangerous to the kitty, I have had them sleep under covers down at my feet, never could figure out how they breathed.  My daughters little dog would sometimes get under the covers by my feet too.  Same thing never figured out how she breathed either.  Animals are smarter than we are, if its dangerous to them they wont do it.  There is no, "hold my beer and watch this" craziness.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I've been mom to many cats over the years.  As we can all agree, like humans, they are all different.

My cat Bill is very protective of his 'sister' Katie.  But he gets fed up with her constantly wanting to sleep up against him so he pushes her off the bed or couch or their cat trees.

He has so much personality.  Everyone loves Bill but no one (and I mean no one) has ever seen Katie.  She's afraid of everyone, even me unless I'm laying vertically in the bed.  Ha!

So, as you can see all cats are different.

Honored Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

@MalteseMommawrote:

@songbird

Yes.  Would you belive I'm on the  Chewie site searching for her own kind of blanket?

@songbird You use baby blankets too. Mine like old towels that are useless for us but ok for the cats,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The cats I have had over the years some liked to sleep under the covers, some did not.....

My lynx point siamese cat, Halley, loved it...in fact Id come home from work and found a big lump in my bed and it was Halley taking a cat nap under the blankets and bedspread.......Its not dangerous she lived a long and happy life....... 

My 2 current Tuxedo cats like to sleep on the soft throws that I have folded at the bottom of the bed, and the soft throw on the couch........I bought a cat bed and they never used it so I donated it to an animal shelter......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”