Honored Contributor

I have heard of them but wouldn't do it.  I love my cat very much, but he has the run of the house.  He sits on my dresser, my living room table in front of the window, etc.  I also put a window seat in for him in my office with a bird feeder outside the window for him to watch.  He has several very nice scratching surfaces that I bought for him.  I wouldn't put a cat run in for him though, because it's my house, too, and I wouldn't like it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Here are some more ideas.  Wish I could have afforded them when I had cats.  And that tree structure?  Just wow.  You'd need quite a tall ceiling, to say the least!

I think they should have carpeted the white one.  Too slippery otherwise.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  The tree one isn't in a home judging by the surroundings.  I wonder if that is a shelter or some type of rescue.  It looks like the door goes directly to the outside, which could be dangerous with the cats.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Hi @NickNack

I see it is a shelter, but it could be modified for a home.

Maybe they have a protected, enclosed area outside the door?  Looks like an emergency exit.

I wouldn't do it in my home since I think those platforms are just asking for a fall as the cats age, although I've always like the idea of those around-the-walls catwalks.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Hrumph............nobody could ever "contain" ME!   I love to fly through the air!    

♥♥ ≈^••^≈ ♥♥

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Uh oh, I better not show those pics to my kitties or they are going to start begging. Weirdly enough, now that I'm seeing more pics, I kinda like the idea. 😸 

My cats already have a tower with three levels from kitty mansions that they love. That'll have to do, for now.