Honored Contributor
Our indoor cat usually spent an hour or so each evening sitting with us on our private patio. Privacy fence, but one neighbor let’s his cat out every night because she likes to go out. She has caught and killed three birds at my feeder in the past two weeks. All I find is big piles of feathers in the yard, and yes, I know it’s her because I have caught her but the deed had already been done. Today we will say goodbye to our 14 yr old kitty. I am devastated but her body has literally worn out. Don’t know if I could go through this again, so no more cats for us.
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry, @lovesrecess. It's the hardest thing we have to do. I'll be thinking of you today. Please feel free to post about your girl if that would help you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess   I'm so sorry you're having to say goodbye to your girl today.  Our pets are our family, and it's so hard to lose them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
Thank you. We just left the animal hospital. Our longtime vet retired and the new one in our area told us our kitty would live no more than 6 months when I first took her there...that was almost three years ago...so she got the best care and love possible. I already miss her so much!