Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I don't know why they do it @goldensrbest .  Some people think cats can't be happy if they're kept inside.  They've never had an inside only cat, because they are very happy and content.  People post on my Next Door group all the time that their cats didn't come home.  I always hope that if they do find them they will keep them inside.

Someone posted this here a while back and I saved it.  It's so true.

D7BE149D-A4FC-4ABE-95C8-29291C556C46.jpeg

@NickNack 

Thank you for posting this extremely

important informantion.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

My daughter just rescued 3 kittens from a ferral cat in her area.  This is mine.  That gives me 6 now.  His name will be Simba.  It's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture.  She is bringing him to me tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I do not believe in outside cats and I will try forever to coach people to keep their cats inside.

20200522_172757 (1).jpg

@luvmybeetle 

Sending this precious baby tons of

hugs...please deliver!

(((((HeartSIMBAHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

I would never even think of letting a dog out to roam at night.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@luvmybeetle What unusual and beautiful markings on your new baby. I wish you many years of love and happiness with Simba.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Because HUMANS by and large are disappointing at best.

.......poor kiddencat, deserves better parents.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

.. if I made add, being inside kitties also helps them to live healthier & longer life.  My vet told me that years ago & I heeded his advice.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest 

The best fix for taking the kitties out, is to put them on a harness/leash & take them out.  I do that all the time & that way you're in total control of where & what they try to get into.

Only one of mine goes out now, the other chooses not to.  Sometimes, Ginger just enjoys lying on the grass .. she's in her happy place there.  Also, when I groom her, we go on the bench in the backyard & she loves it. 

Sorry, getting to your topic .. I'm guessing it's because "you can't fix stupid!"

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Wow .... it broke my heart just to read that list!  

My neighbor thinks my cat Bogey is "deprived" because he is indoor-only.   I emailed it to her.  thanks!

Honored Contributor

Have to admit, years ago, we let our cats out.  They scrambled under your feet and practically knocked you over to get out the door, when you were coming in and going out.  How they survived to old age is beyond me.

Now I have two cats, mother and daughter.  I think because I gave my personal info to a local rescue group when I made a donation---they dropped a couple of ferals off in my immediate neighborhood/area.  Never had we ever had strays before!

We really aren't *cat people*, but the strays/ferals pull at our hearts.  Can't turn a blind eye to a skinny cat slinking through the streets.  You can tell they are wild.  And honestly, feeding the strays and giving them fresh water just isn't good enough in my honest opinion.  Whole nuther thread, I know.....

So we trapped them, sent them directly to the vets and they were FILLED with parasites and probably had fleas, too.Cat Sad  They were *treated* and then we quarantined them on our back screen porch.  Brought them in and they are THE BEST house cats.  NO desire to go outside, they back away from the door when you come in or go out.  They know what it's like out there.....

Honored Contributor
My vet told me many years ago that nothing good happens to cat when they are left to roam outside. He was very wise, yet we still have ferals in our area that have met their fate with coyotes, bobcats, and some large hawks. Dogs are the least of their worries