Esteemed Contributor

What cat food do you get. Dry -They didn't like it and I have to buy new one-This was a Purina-never had it. Not expensive please and thank you. I have also tried pate and give also wet but also don't like the strings.

Regular Contributor

My kitties like Science Diet.

Esteemed Contributor

Royal Canin weight management.

Respected Contributor

Dry is Purina Beyond chicken and oatmeal and wet is Iams wild ocean fish and tuna.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  Dry food is a must to keep their teeth strong.  Try Nutra Max chicken dry food.  Even Iams chicken is excellent with plenty of fresh water.  You can give them wet food but once a day; a small amount as a treat.  My Siamese cat that lived to 19-1/2 years had all her teeth and I attribute that to dry food.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@halfpint1Cats Need both wet & dry food for good health. The better the food, the less time & money you'll spend at the Vet!.

If you insist on feeding only dry (make sure you give them lots of water) then make sure the number one ingredient is chicken or some other protein.

The Best, most affordable dry food is Costco's Kirkland Super Premium Maintenance. I have a friend that is a breeder & this is what she uses to make sure her animals are healthy & she can afford the price too.

I use their Healthy Weight dry food along with Wellness wet, because they're older & not as active, so they need fewer calories.

Good-luck & hope that helps.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

All my cats are ferals.  I give them Purina with some boiled chicken mixed in, or whatever left over meat in the fridge.  They aren't a bit fussy.

Regular Contributor

I give mine Diamond Naturals Indoor formula, it's about 21$ or so for an 18 lb bag at Menards.   I also let them have wet food they split small cans of Beyoond.  

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

What cat food do you get. Dry -They didn't like it and I have to buy new one-This was a Purina-never had it. Not expensive please and thank you. I have also tried pate and give also wet but also don't like the strings.

@halfpint1,  If they refuse all dry food, you might want to have a vet check them.   Sometimes dental problems, or other things causing tenderness or soreness in their mouth, will cause them to avoid dry food.    A vet visit also would give you the opportunity to get food recommendations based on their age and health.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I buy Purina Naturals Original formula dry food.  If they are out of the Original I'll get the Indoor Cat variety.  My cat likes it.