Valued Contributor

Carpet cleaning company recommendation

Hello everyone! I have a new rescue pup and she is having quite the time getting the "potty outside" thing down. (She is no longer allowed in the living room).

Can I get some recommendations for carpet cleaning companies that work really well with eliminating pet messes. I don't want my next rescue to smell it and think that is the place to go potty.

I have tried several things in my household carpet cleaner but nothing compares to a professional coming in and doing it.

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carpet cleaning company recommendation

You will spend a fortune over a 15 year period if you hire professional cleaning for every oops.

It gets even worse when a dog becomes an adult senior.  Puppy 'stuff'  is the easy part.

Buy a carpet cleaning machine.............

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a carpet cleaner. I have tried using my usual pet cleaner with it, but she keeps going back to the same spot. I  foster dogs so they get adopted out, and I don't have them long. Most of my fosters have been really good about potty training. This pup has been a bit more challenging.

I honestly don't think the home carpet cleaners clean as well as the professionals. 

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper I have used a product called Furry Freshness that I highly recommend.  It eliminates odor and all stains.  It is fabulous, the best I have ever used. Better than Nature's Way, Resolve, etc.  A little on the pricey side but worth it.  It's been a life saver.  I swear by it since my little one is 14 years old and getting forgetful!  Once your puppy is completely trained, then I would get the carpet cleaned.

Valued Contributor

I think I need to clarify:

I get foster pups. They don't stay with me very long- maybe three weeks then they are adopted and go to their forever home. 

I have already used several different types of cleaners in my carpet scrubber but I want a professional to come in after this foster pup leaves (probably in a week) to completely clean my carpet so the next foster pup doesn't smell it. 

I have a couple of companies in my area. I just wanted to see who was the best at removing pet messes and smells. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CritterKeeper  I would look on the site Home Advisor for a local carpet cleaner with good reviews.  We have never been disappointed with anyone we have used from there.  

We used Stanley Steemer a couple times.  We weren't impressed.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper 

I highly recommend Serv-Pro, they're the folks that do fire restorations in homes (we had to use them for that), as well as general carpet cleaning.

I think the reason they work so well is the 'deep extraction' machines that they use.

The main problem with pet messes on carpets is that it sinks down to the padding and even the foundation (wood or concrete) below the carpet.

NO amount of just shampooing, vinegar, etc. will get down that deep to remove the smell that says, "I'm the bathroom!".

Because they use such a deep extraction method, they can remove it much further down than home machines or 'most' carpet cleaner companies use.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs Agree on Stanley Steemer.......would never hire again

Valued Contributor

@fthunt  Good to know- tnx