Trusted Contributor

Carpet Stain - Dog Vomit

[ Edited ]

Hello.  I have light gray/low pile 2 year old carpet in my living room.  Last night, my little guy was vomiting in 4 spots on the carpet.

I immediately used paper plates to scoop up most of it.  I then got a bucket of water and dish soap and washed the carpet.  I thought it turned out fine, but this morning after the carpet dried I see yellow color in those spots.

My husband told me to try Simple Green, but that did not help.

I searched on-line and an equal solution of vinegar and water was recommended.  I tried that, and it did help.  But...I still see a faint light yellow color  in those spots.

Has any one else had a similar situation and found a method and/or product that worked for you?   If so, if you could share  -  I would so much appreciate it.

Thank you.

P.S.  My little guy is feeling fine.   I "think" when I had him outside with me while I was doing some gardening on the patio he may of ate a small ball of dirt that fell out of the planter and that got him sick.  We've had him for 7 years and has never had an accident of any kind in the house.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Carpet Stain - Dog Vomit

@BunSnoop 

My Mom was recommended to use club soda on dog stains. It worked. 

Honored Contributor

@Toots711  Years ago late DH and I had a sweet kitty who vomited now and then. We discovered Nature's Miracle in PetSmart. Used as directed it worked wonders! 

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop   My little one is 16years old, she has accidents and sometimes gets sick to her tummy.  I have tried everything but for me the best ever is called Furry Freshness.  It's fabulous, removes odors, stains............and my carpet is 25 years old.  It's on the expensive side but so worth it.  Just goggle Furry Freshness.

Esteemed Contributor

Spot Shot.  I've owned dogs for 40 plus years, so have a lot of experience with vomit and other bodily functions.  Spot Shot takes out all kinds of stains.  

Honored Contributor

Baking soda in water usually works for me. That and also Bissell Pet Stain Remover Spray. With vomit it's important to neutralize the stomach acid before it bleaches or discolors the carpet which is permanent.

Trusted Contributor

I have always used Nature's Miracle. It's taken stains out of my carpets that nothing else would. I've never used any of the other brands recommended.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop Another vote for Nature's Miracle.  You can get it at any pet store or order from Amazon.  Works great on even set-in stains.

Contributor

RESOLVE- Pet Expert  Spray (no the foam can). It is the best stain and carpet cleaner I have ever used. Sold at Walmart. Please try it. 

Regular Contributor

This stuff is amazing!

[ Edited ]

IMG_9301.jpg