Respected Contributor

Is anyone else having a problem finding canned wet cat food "with gravy" (specifically Fancy Feast)?

I've been to 4 stores and the shelves are bare.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Canned cat food shortage?

@RinaRina  If you have not already done so, check Chewy & PetSuppliesPlus.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

i don't have a cat, but I noticed around a month ago, that the cat food shelves in grocery stores in my area are empty...sometimes there is only a few cans available...no variety.

I buy my dog food from Petco online.  The type I buy is no longer available in their stores.  I always keep up with a supply, because I am afraid I will not be able to get any.

Valued Contributor

Hello!  I have a kitty Bella and she also eats Fancy Feast in gravy.  

I've been doig auto-ship with Chewy for quite some time and never have a problem.  You can cancel at anytime and also you can adjust your ship dates.  I'm on every 8 weeks but I always end up adjusting it to a few weeks later.  You can add items or subtract to your liking.  They've never had a shortage on the varities that she eats.  They are very good to deal with and have never had a problem.  

Our local grocery stores have had shortages of canned cat foods of all varities for many months.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I'm in MD and it has been this way for me since March 2021. Same brand, but noted that the shelves have ZERO brands. I did the Amazon subscribe thing back in Nov., but they keep cancelling my order because "out of stock". Wal-Mart online & Chewy doesn't have either.

Now I'm having the same problem with cat litter. My dad says "we don't even make cat litter in this country?" Lol

Occasional Contributor

Try Amazon.

Super Contributor

This is pic I took last March & it hasn't changed since. When there are a couple cans, they are pate or beef...my cats don't like.cat food isle.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@RinaRina  If you have not already done so, check Chewy & PetSuppliesPlus.

Even Chewy is not the reliable source it once was. So many items say 'temporarily out of stock' and they have been saying so for weeks. At the same time, you can request that they alert you when the item is back in stock, but that too isn't reliable as it once was. It's time for Nestle, which makes Fancy Feast, to step up their game just as they've stepped up their prices.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@teddynm wrote:

Try Amazon.

The problem with Amazon is that some of their 3rd party vendors that are selling the food, are gouging prices unbelievably. I'm not just talking about the inflated prices we're seeing across the board, I mean serious price gouging and Amazon is doing nothing about it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Cat food shortages have been going on for well over a year. It's truly hit or miss! Even Chewy has been sold out for months of one of my staples. I've found a dozen or so cans every now & than in stores & buy all they have which I'm assuming everyone else does w the specific kinds their kitties need! I feel no guilt "clearing the shelf" when I find my specific kind! My kitties depend on me to find their food!