Honored Contributor

Can you help a turtle rescue with your old bras?

My youngest son is an avid fan of turtles and has been since he was very young.  He is asking that women send their snaps and eyes from old bras to this rescue group. He sent me this information.

The rescue group glues the snaps on to broken turtle shells and wire the broken shells together.

Can you help?  Thank you.

507DC5C2-3B1A-4AF6-9EFD-E68D551F015C.jpeg0E7DA3CA-EA88-49C6-9BFF-9E3AD2C1391B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Can you help a turtle rescue with your old bras?

There was something on the news about this just yesterday.  They glue the little hooks on the shells....when the shell is healed up they said the hooks are easily removed.

Esteemed Contributor

This was on the news but the anchor lady talked with such a mush-mouth and dropped her voice.............I didn't  get the end of the story or about the problem

Unfortunately I don't have any snaps at this time to donate to the 'snapping turtles'.  If Breezie would offer some decent bras that fit...........I'd love to send my hooks.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, what a great idea.  I'm going to save the address so the next time I have bras that no longer fit, I can send them the hooks.

Honored Contributor

I wish I'd seen this just a couple of days ago.  I threw out some older bras and would've been happy to save the hooks from them.  I'll keep it in mind for the next time though.

Respected Contributor

Wow - what a great idea.  Thank you so much for posting this.  I will definitely send some in.  I have a lot of bras that I have not even worn but do not care for so I will be doing some cutting tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Proud of ya NC!!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for spreading the word here, @Carmie. I, like others in NC heard of this group and their efforts on the news. My sister and I are taking up a collection of bras among those we know. Will send the snaps in soon. 👍🏼