Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't make a decision - (RE: vacation)

Afternoon Everyone,

Before I head back to work, just letting you know I finall made the reservations for Maine for early Oct.

We've done this time of year in the past & it can be hit or miss.  No matter, we'll try to make the best of it.  Hope we can kayak in Wells Harbor.  Woman Very Happy

Enjoy your afternoons everyone!

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine   I'm so glad you made the reservations.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@Nicknack,

My little girls are 18 now.  One thing I haven't mentioned, is they both vomit every few weeks & I never know when or where that will be.  That's another issue for a sitter.  

They fool me at times with some spunkiness!  Fluffy can still jump from her cat tower.  Poor Ginger, she's been having difficulty jumping on the recliner & from there, she jumps to her cat tower.  But her blood work was fine.  

And yes, I love your Sweet Frankie & Handsome Henry.  You're so lucky to have each other.

One option would be if you have an in-home security camera (might be able to find one at a reasonable price) that was pointed at either's cat's food/water bowls and/or their Cat towers so you could tune in and check on your cat's while you are gone.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you, it's nice of you to say.

My co-worker asked to kitty sit for me as always (before I even asked her.)

By the way, my kitties send your Handsome Henry & Beautiful Frankie hugs & kisses.   Cat Happy

I hope your kids (& you & DH of course) are all doing well.

Trusted Contributor

@debfau 

I hadn't thought of that.  Thank you.

My co-worker will be coming 2x daily to check on my girls, feed them, water & clean their litter boxes, etc. I also request she spend about 1/2 hr. each time with them.  She knows the routine as she does this each year.

I also check in with her a few times to make sure all is ok.

Trusted Contributor

We have never let pets prevent us from taking our vacation.  You need to go and get away if only for a short period of time.

We have 2 cats now and they are taken care of my a nearby family member or a neighbor if we are gone for a week.

When we had a dog we could tell when he liked the kennel he was at.  When we first got him we took him to one kennel and he would run away and fight with me trying to get him in there.  Next place we took him to, never had this experience he went in willingly.

3 days is not that long to go.